Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - High CRC errors...wtf?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Line State Up
    Modulation DMT
    Data Path Interleave

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 12.00 19.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 37.50 21.50
    CRC Errors 18187 1

The router has been up for 1 day and 12 hours - anybody any ideas wtf is up? When I hit restart, there is always that 1 CRC upstream...always! Then slowly but surely the downstream errors climb...

Should also mention, router plugged straigh into wall, no other stuff on the line, not even phonewatch :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The router has been up for 1 day and 12 hours - anybody any ideas wtf is up? When I hit restart, there is always that 1 CRC upstream...always! Then slowly but surely the downstream errors climb...

Should also mention, router plugged straigh into wall, no other stuff on the line, not even phonewatch :)

Is it actually affecting anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Nope, not really. Still pulling in the 3mbit nine times out of ten - just curious because all the other line attenuation stats people are posting don't have anywhere near as many CRC errors as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Hi I also get alot of CRC errors with eircom 2mb. What causes these errors and is there any way of reducing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eoinok77

Lads, grow up and find something else to whinge about other that a few CRC errors??
    For the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

eoinok77 wrote: »
    Lads, grow up and find something else to whinge about other that a few CRC errors??
    For the love of God.

It's a bit more than a few... but still, the connection should be noticably bad if those are the real figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

I had a problem with the line to my house this week, it was snagged in a branch of a tree and eventually the tree won........

Before it went altogether SNMargin was all over the place (I saw -4.0 for a while , it was at 1 for about 20 minutes, I had CRC errors like the OP's at that stage.

Eventually it died altogether, the Eircom guys repaired it today, there was 9 inches of the outside sheath of the cable gone and some of the unused wires were worn through completly.

It's unlikley to be the cause of the OP's problem though, I would try another modem before doing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Thanks for your suggestions nilhg. Would a monitored alarm cause these errors?

Advertisement