Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this ad?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Just wondering what everybody thinks of this ad. It seems to me to be a 50/50 split, people either love it or hate it because they feel it depicts animal cruelty.

I think the concept is fantastic and assume there was no actual cruelty involved. That being said how did they get the "nervous" effect CGI or training or maybe a mix of both?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9beQh1yH5uU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Put our little terrier in front of a goody and tell her she can't have it ...she'll look as "nervous" as that fella ...for a little while ...then she'll try "that look" ...and then she will become a right nuisance with barking and whimpering and the whole programme .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The ad freaks me out. I don't know how they did it, presumably CGI, but it just makes me uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The ad freaks me out. I don't know how they did it, presumably CGI, but it just makes me uncomfortable.

+1

Maybe the tremors are trained in (like my sisters dog will whimper pathetically if you tell him to speak and he's the most spoiled little guy ever) but there is something slightly uncomfortable about watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lakes

i love this ad,think this is funniest ad on tv!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

It's pure CGI.
    Great ad!

Edited to add: Either that or the dog is one hell of a singer!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

I love that add,I end up singing along everytime is comes on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

It's funny. These days animals are not going to be subjected to cruelty for advertisement and rightly so too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i couldnt see any form of cruelity on that ad.As advertisers im sure they abide the television rules for harming animals.Eg No Animals Are Harmed During This Film or somthing like that.It usually says on the film ending credits?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

It's so much easier and reliable to do stuff like that with CGI than trying to use a real animal these days.

I love the song, the adds ok. It certainly seems to be doing the trick, loads of people are talking about it and they all know what it's for.

Advertisement