Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eucharistic Congress

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Hey, can you lads give me a hand.

I'm doing a projecton the Eucharistic Congress in 1932, but I'm having a problem with sources(NOT INFORMATION)

I have plenty of books, and have a newspaper article but we are required to have at least four different types of sources. We also must use footnotes, so I can't just put stuff in without backing it up, even though I know the info is accurate.

Oh I also have the Eucharistic Congress Act as a source.

However, does anyone know where I can get my hands on how the event was organised? What I mean by this is Garda Reports, and local authorites organising the event. For example the GPO, Trinity and O'Connell bridge were illuminated for the event, so I reckon there should be something on this.

Oh and if anyone can think of any other sources which may come in handy, that would be class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i got a b+

i didnt reference everything i got - i wouldnt be overly woried at lc level about refrencing extensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Hey, can you lads give me a hand.

I'm doing a projecton the Eucharistic Congress in 1932, but I'm having a problem with sources(NOT INFORMATION)

I have plenty of books, and have a newspaper article but we are required to have at least four different types of sources. We also must use footnotes, so I can't just put stuff in without backing it up, even though I know the info is accurate.

Oh I also have the Eucharistic Congress Act as a source.

However, does anyone know where I can get my hands on how the event was organised? What I mean by this is Garda Reports, and local authorites organising the event. For example the GPO, Trinity and O'Connell bridge were illuminated for the event, so I reckon there should be something on this.

Oh and if anyone can think of any other sources which may come in handy, that would be class.

Footnotes aren't needed for the leaving cert so I don't know what you're teacher is doing them for. Don't mind 4 sources as well.

Use this

http://multitext.ucc.ie/d/The_31st_International_Eucharistic_Congress_Dublin_1932

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

What have the Romans ever done for us?

In fairness, it meant ****all then or now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

My extensive two week study indicates it certainly meant something back then...

Advertisement