Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone NAC

• 04-04-2008 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Hi, I did a search for this but couldn't find any threads..
    Basically Im wondering does anyone know how one becomes eligible to receive a NAC from the vodafone website?

When I try that service in vodafone live it tells me Im not eligible, I tried it for 3 different phones (2 of which are no longer used) and it wouldn't give me any unlock codes..

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Prepay? Contract?

Deeeeeetailssssssss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

On prepay you need to have spent a certain amount (it seems to vary, but generally about €130). Ring care and ask them or email care@vodafone.ie

Billpay it's proberly not a Vodafone phone or it's a broken website or the systems missing the information - again, ring care or email them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Its prepay, With my newish Nokia N70 I haven't bought that much credit but I have two older phones both of which easily went through that much credit but I still can't get the code?

I don't have any urgent need to unlock my N70, Id just like the option. Im just wondering if I did eventually spend that 130 euro would I be able to order the code off the site then? Does it actually keep up to date with how much money I have spent on credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I just called them to try and get some really old phone unlocked and they told me that I need to have spent 127e within the last 6 months to get a code. what kind of bs is this?

i had the phone since 1999 and must have spent 100s in credit since then and they are refusing to unlock it because i didn't buy the credit in the last 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dankoozy wrote: »
    I just called them to try and get some really old phone unlocked and they told me that I need to have spent 127e within the last 6 months to get a code. what kind of bs is this?

i had the phone since 1999 and must have spent 100s in credit since then and they are refusing to unlock it because i didn't buy the credit in the last 6 months
    That's their policy. €127 per unlock and it must have been spent within the last 6 months.

Source: a thread on their forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Random wrote: »
    That's their policy. €127 per unlock and it must have been spent within the last 6 months.

Source: a thread on their forum

shaggers. i never heard of this 'last 6 months' nonsense before. anyway doesn't affect me twas the first phone i ever had and i havn't bought a locked phone since. must port away from this shower of muppets tomorrow. i dunno what they think they have to gain by refusing to unlock a 10 year old phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dankoozy wrote: »

That is a recent clause, the 6 months time scale wasn't an issue before iirc. Since you bought the phone so long ago i would argue a case that they weren't the terms when you signed up.

On a side note, depending what phone it is, you may well be able to use an online code generator to get the code for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

As always this is clear breach of duty by Comreg. In many countries unlocking is not allowed. If it is allowed then it must be controlled. An operator subsidises a phone so some minimum spend is appropriate, but this should be cumulative and not on a 6 month basis. As pointed out providing an unlock code for an obsolete phone shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭djdunny

does anyone know if vodafone reset the NAC request on the vodafone website. ive used up my 3 in the past year and a half and just wodering do they issue you with another 3 after a certain period. im currently a bill pay customer with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement