Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating Oil website

Options
  • 04-04-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Came accross this site..........www.boilerjuice.ie

......i like the idea of bulk buying....ie. a few people all order at the one time and avail of the economies of scale.........thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Looks like u are promoting it:
    looked for ur GD idea: there is sfa on site about it:So u promote something that is not there so as we waste our time looking for it:mad:

Group Buying Discounts
    Contacting Us
    How can I phone BoilerJuice?
    We do not promote a phone number on the website as we offer an internet based email service only for general questions. This helps us reduce operating costs which in turn helps us offer better prices on heating oil. We try to respond to all emails we receive in working hours as quickly as possible. Those we receive outside of working hours will be dealt with as soon as our office opens.

No address/ no contact number/no compliance with regs re webpages: I have that organised crime/smuggling/recycling stolen heating oil/nr's feeling in my artificial bones again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

ircoha wrote: »
    Looks like u are promoting it:
    looked for ur GD idea: there is sfa on site about it:So u promote something that is not there so as we waste our time looking for it:mad:

Group Buying Discounts
    Contacting Us
    How can I phone BoilerJuice?
    We do not promote a phone number on the website as we offer an internet based email service only for general questions. This helps us reduce operating costs which in turn helps us offer better prices on heating oil. We try to respond to all emails we receive in working hours as quickly as possible. Those we receive outside of working hours will be dealt with as soon as our office opens.

No address/ no contact number/no compliance with regs re webpages: I have that organised crime/smuggling/recycling stolen heating oil/nr's feeling in my artificial bones again.

LOL - your typical of the "have a go at OP" ppl on this board. I sincerely don't give a shoitte what you think of the site. I'm not promoting it - i don't give a shoitee about it either - infact, it can go to hell for all I care - not unlike yourself.
    I was simply highlighting it for discussion..............Gezzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

Their location database is all over the place - my own town was listed under a different county - and there were many other examples of this.

Also, when i entered all details, they said they were not in a position to provide a quote at this time.

Can't see how this business model is going to work all too well. They will be restricted in dealing with a handful of suppliers - ie. the same local suppliers that we can all get qoutes from. These guys are not going to discount heavily when it makes more sense to maintain the status quo with their local competitors ...maintaining similar pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

TBH there will not be many suppliers all that interested I reckon. If 5 people join together to buy they would realistically have to be neighbours to qualify for any discount. Otherwise the driver will still have to travel between each one and still have to do all the work of pulling in the hose etc. If the distance between drops is negligable then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Came accross this site..........www.boilerjuice.ie

......i like the idea of bulk buying....ie. a few people all order at the one time and avail of the economies of scale.........thoughts anyone?
    Hi i have just posted a thread about this site aswell, found it yesterday! seems cheap, would love to hear if anyone else has used them!! or have I been ripped off!! :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement