Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for Cabinet reshuffle

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

nhughes100 wrote: »
    how the hell is Martin Cullen still there?

Cowen could have won alot of applause by sacking Cullen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

nhughes100 wrote: »
    This is getting slightly off topic but how the hell is Martin Cullen still there? He'd the look of a dead man walking going up to get his seal of office the other day. I don't know about this geographical spread business, if you're Taoiseach and ultimately responsible for the government then I would think you wouldn't have an incompetant minister just to keep a region happy. Like does Martin Cullen get re-elected just because he's a minister?

no its cos he knows where all the bodies are buried...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I'd far prefer to see capable, analytical, tough-minded people in ministerial roles (unfortunately the kind of people who are attracted to politics generally don't fit this description) - Michael O'Leary springs to mind. He's finishing up at Ryanair in the near future and will need a job - I think he'd be ideal for HSE boss!

If only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

If only.

let's start writing him letters!

on a more serious note, it must be a sad, sad day for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

let's start writing him letters!

on a more serious note, it must be a sad, sad day for you?

It is mate, I feel like something is going to go never to return!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Can I assume its a lot longer?

It can't be two long though, if you can go Dublin->North in under 3 hours.

4 hours on average from Letterkenny to Galway, can be done at a little over 3 but you'd want to be travelling at midnight to do it in that time these days. and that's only Letterkenny.

considering the fleet of private helicopters amassed during the Celtic tiger that will no doubt be sitting idle for the next few years you think the government might seek to create some scheme where they can hire them out to make them available to patients in more immediate need, like those in the more rural areas. it would cost enough surely, but it would be a better alternative to being forced to keep the inefficient units open.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Me too, but I want to travel by whatever means you're using to get from Letterkenny to Galway in an hour.

Hey I want a lift in his aircraft too :D
    Or maybe he was found a cunning way of avoiding the N17 between Balisodare and Kilkelly. This of course does not even consider the section through Donegal, Leitrim and into Sligo.

I would like to see anyone get from someplace like Belmullet to Galway in an hour :pac:
    There would be no problem having strategic placed centres of excellence if patients didn't have to travel over cra* roads that the monitoring public pay huge amounts of tax to maintain.
    Oh I forgot the motorists taxes go to government to blow on other things besides transport.
    Will patients be accomodated at these centres of excellence or will they be expected to drag their sick selfs back home the same day ?
    Yeah I can see how a daily roundtrip between Buncrana and Galway for cancer treatment will improve your chances of survival.

Nobody in FF wants Health, as Gowan himself once stated it is Angola.
    Harney is the perfect scapegoat.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It looks like from the rumours circulating among the media and backbenchers that there will be a few Ministers of State sacked. I reckon Michael Finneran from Roscommon-South Leitrim will get promoted seeing he's one of Cowen's most ardent supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Michael O'Leary springs to mind. He's finishing up at Ryanair in the near future and will need a job - I think he'd be ideal for HSE boss!

Dear God no!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Dear God no!:eek:

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

dodgyme wrote: »
    Cowen could have won alot of applause by sacking Cullen

Not going to happen unless another credible candidate emerges from the South-East.
    At the moment he is by far the most senior politican from the region and we all know that every region loves their own Minister!

In North Tipp we don't have a senior politican anymore but we vote Michael Lowry :D

Advertisement