Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro tools help??

Options
  • 04-04-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey there, just wondering could anyone tell me why my pro tools LE system freezes when i try to load battery 3 in an instrument track?:mad: I'm running a PC with 3 gigs of RAM, so i'm hoping thats not the problem... they run fine seperatly at the same time if i use battery as a standalone VST. All my other plug ins are running fine with pro tools. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Is it a full version? I was using a not so legal version of Battery and it would always freeze pro tools. I got rid of it and payed for the full version and it's fine. Could also be the sample rate of your session. If you're running at 96kHz all your plugins will generally sample at the same rate which can put a lot of pressure on your system. If that is the case try a lower rate. What version PT are you running btw? I had loads of plugin problems on version 7.1 but 7.3 is grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Pro tools won't run VST plug ins???

I dunno if that set up can actually utilize 3 gig of ram btw. Maybe it can dunno if the limit is 2 or 4 gig. Might have a look at that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BOB-OMBS

im running it as an RTAS plug in within pro tools. i think the max RAM windows XP uses is 3GB but i aint certain. yeah its the full payed for version of battery 3. i was just using 44.1 as my sample rate, i don't think my ears can tell the difference yet!!!:) im running PT 7.3.1cs5(not quite sure what the "cs5" stands for). i re installed battery again to see if that would fix it but theres no change.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Sounds strange. Have you tried looking for solutions on the Native Instruments user forum. Maybe other people are having the same problem.http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/

Another thing that could effect the software is the sample library. Where are your samples saved? Are they on the same drive that the software and os are running? Maybe your drive / drives can't keep up. I had an issue like this with Reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Have you tried updating to PT LE 7.4?. Might contain some fixes for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement