Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

• 04-04-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Ok so the half finished rpk arrived, and its in sh1te.

In some places the eejit de threaded the screw holes, so they grab nothing, that and plenty of bits are bent and banjaxed in many a way.

How do I re thread a small 2mm or so hole, into a larger one obviously to suit a new screw?

Also the bolt seems not to push against anything, the spring bit and rod on which it sits, ie it does not have anything to compress against in the body.

The take down button is still there to clarify its not that bit.

The whole thing is a mess, If anyone knows how to re thread great, I cant get up pics yet, maybe in a day or so, I've no camera.

I'll post a full list of problems when I finish inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Motosam wrote: »
    Ok so the half finished rpk arrived, and its in sh1te.

In some places the eejit de threaded the screw holes, so they grab nothing, that and plenty of bits are bent and banjaxed in many a way.

How do I re thread a small 2mm or so hole, into a larger one obviously to suit a new screw?

Also the bolt seems not to push against anything, the spring bit and rod on which it sits, ie it does not have anything to compress against in the body.

The take down button is still there to clarify its not that bit.

The whole thing is a mess, If anyone knows how to re thread great, I cant get up pics yet, maybe in a day or so, I've no camera.

I'll post a full list of problems when I finish inspection.

Would a tap n die set do it? woodies/hardware/b+q maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

iceage wrote: »
    Would a tap n die set do it? woodies/hardware/b+q maybe.

Speaky the englaisy?

Sorry what is that, is it for the threads?

Is that a thing I can jam in there to do it, is that the tap and die?

I'll have to look at the internals now, If they're sh1t I'm claiming this sucker back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

tap and die set:

45_piece_Tap_and_Die_Set.jpg

basically a tap is a tool which has cutting threads on it which will actually cut threads into the metal, if the original threads are 2mm and completely stripped, you could re-thread it 3mm instead.

(a die is the opposite of a tap and is used for making screws rather than holes)

The old question has been answered, a psg-1 barrel with a standard cylinder does cause suck back, it happened to suck every single bb out of the mid cap in the last few shots too, no spares fell out, is this new?

Thanks lads, I'll be working on this yoke more than I thought ;)

Whats the part that presses the bolt spring forward against the bolt though?

This I am also missing.

Edit: got it open, ****ing sring guide is shredded :D FFS

Its moving freely in the spring, will have to make one!

Oh god, the ****ing piston is stripped too, or barely left with anything on it!

what a clown, him for selling it like this or me for buying it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

This I am also missing.

Ouch looks like you bought a lemon there mate, how much did you pay for it if I might ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This I am also missing.

New GB might be the best idea.

150 sterling!

Well I've already most things sorted, the front end kit alone would have cost 150, the rest is a bonus.

Well I have the thing shimmed, bearing bushes, piston will still need replacing but works for now, madbull soft hop rubber, and I made a spring guide.

Already it has a psg1 barrel, systema gears(I suspect these prematurely wore out the pistons teeth) and metal bushes.

The externals, I have the thread re threaded with a screw of similar size, just twisted it in, have tightened up all the externals etc. and now, well its a whole lot better.

Still needs correct stock, correct receiver, correct sights, front bipod, cleaning rod.

Bar that it works for now.