Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Gaggia?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

TKK wrote: »
    I installed a Rancillio Silvia steam wand on my Gaggia evolution a while back and it's the dogs dangly bits. Highly recommended.
    I did that very same thing today - unfotunately no milk in the house

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I find the plastic effort on the Classic ok for frothing, kinda have it mastered. Is there much of an improvement to be had? Did you guys pick it up on Happydonkey too?

Edit/ I put some PTFE tape around the s/s hose to tighten the palstic nozzle, it flew off and nearly took the head off me a while back. Anyone getting a Clasic, take note!

Up to now I was only using the plastic stub that the longer plastic panarello clips onto in order to steam my milk. This was capable of doing it, but was an utter pain being so short.
    If you use the longer panarello device its impossible to create microfoam, more like suds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ok. What's involced in the modification?

Did you buy the Rancillio Silvia steam wand on Happydonkey? This it?

This one http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/shop/catalog/HDR0001-p-2718.html

Basically use a wrench to remove nut holding Gaggia wand. You then have to straighten out the gaggia wand to get that nut off. Slip the nut onto the new rancilio wand, and reattach to the classic.

Very simple.

• Advertisement
Advertisement