Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB's Not Feeding on CA M15A4

Options
  • 04-04-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I've got this problem with my CA M15, after firing 5 BBs on Semi, and nothing coming out anymore. Checked the 300 rnds magazine and it was fine. I took out the mag while the gun is upside down (magazine facing upwards) so that the remaining BBs will not fall out. Tried to fire the gun again without the magazine, and the BBs fired. And everytime I put back again the magazine it will do the same. What problem do you guys think that causes the BBs to stop firing.

Just to note that I've opened my gearbox to replace the gears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

is the magazine full and wound properly?

What happens if you fire on full auto?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

are you winding the mag properly? it takes a lot of winding and then it'll make a little click when its fully wound.,

vtec wrote: »
    are you winding the mag properly? it takes a lot of winding and then it'll make a little click when its fully wound.,

snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 laraching

I've wound the mag fully until I peeled my skin. Also, I've tried the 130 rnds mag and in Full Auto still doing the same problem.

if you fully wind it and then press the catch on the top where the BBs feed into the gun will the BBs jump out? is the hop up fully off? turn it anti clockwise to turn it off.,

• Advertisement

is the air nozzle attached correctly to the tappet plate?

take the mag out, turn the gun upside down and look into the feed tube where the bbs go, when you fire it, you should be able to see the nozzle move back and forth on each shot

kdouglas wrote: »
    is the air nozzle attached correctly to the tappet plate?

take the mag out, turn the gun upside down and look into the feed tube where the bbs go, when you fire it, you should be able to see the nozzle move back and forth on each shot

I'm not sure if the air nozzle is attached properly.

Yes, I can see the nozzle move back and forth. I've tried also to lube it with silicone oil, but still no luck.

Do you think I need to re-open the gearbox again? How do I know if the Air nozzle is properly attached?

vtec wrote: »
    if you fully wind it and then press the catch on the top where the BBs feed into the gun will the BBs jump out? is the hop up fully off? turn it anti clockwise to turn it off.,

Yes the hop up is fully off when I fired it. also I've tried it when it was on. And yes the BBs jump out when I press the catch.

I was thinking it might be the air nozzle and tappet plate, but I don't know how to look if it's faulty or not.

if the nozzle is moving back and forth then it should be attached fine.

how much silicone oil we talking about here? too much can be a bad thing in the hopup chamber

will you be at hrta anytime soon? i could take a look at it for you, it seems like one of those things which is difficult to track down without seeing it

kdouglas wrote: »
    if the nozzle is moving back and forth then it should be attached fine.

how much silicone oil we talking about here? too much can be a bad thing in the hopup chamber

will you be at hrta anytime soon? i could take a look at it for you, it seems like one of those things which is difficult to track down without seeing it

I've applied just 2-3 sprays of silicone oil to the magazine and into the hole in the gearbox where the magazine is inserted.

I won't be in tomorrow Saturday. But Sunday I will be available.

• Advertisement

I'll be at hrta tomorrow, but won't be available sunday unfortunately....

have you got any other mags to try in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As a matter of interest, do the bbs pass easily through the feeding tube? I had issues like this with my FAL. Turns out the feeding tube was slightly too small. I think it must have taken a knock.

The first few bbs got through when the mag was inserted, but after that it would just cause a blockage.

N.O.I.P fixed it by widening the feeding tube slightly.

I don't have this problem before until I opened the gearbox. The first bb direction was all over the place, but the rest came out fine by turning the hop up counter clockwise fully. This always occur after firing 3-5 bbs on Semi and Full, and afterwards no more bb coming out.:(

After re-opening my AEG, I've just found out that a black nozzle was left inside the hop up hole. Is this nozzle attached to the tappet plate? This might be the reason why the BBs is not coming out. Do you think I can just buy this nozzle or do I have to replace the tappet plate as well? Also,how do I know if the piston and cylinder is broken?

the nozzle just clips into the tappet plate when you have the plate removed, if its not connected to the plate then theres a god chance you just found the fault,

Unfortunately, I found out that the nozzle itself is broken. The other end which is the one touching the cylinder head was left in it (i don't know why this happened). Do you think using a glue to put it back together will solve it? Just for temporary while I'm waiting for a new one.

i suppose you could glue it but id rather not do that since you'll have to remove the glue somehow when the new part comes in.,

Since I still haven't confirmed my order for the nozzle yet, I'm wondering about the metal nozzle. Would it be more reliable than the ABS plastic one?

no im my experience the metal ones have just been trouble and the plastic ones are far better.,

• Advertisement

How about that large nozzle? If I had to change it with that, do you think I need to change some other parts as well?

no id stick with a regular nozzle, ive heard of a lot of problems with these uprated nozzles so you'd be best sticking to a standard one.,

Thanks for the advice, will let you know if it really only the nozzle is the problem. I had this problem since I've upgraded the spring to PDI 120%. First the gears worn out because i did not realize that there's a spring for the anti reversal latch. I put back the anti reversal latch without its spring. But I did not see any spring pop out of it.

Then after changing it with hi toque gears it end up breaking the nozzle.

Now what's next?

Advertisement