Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mobile ph/mp3 combo?

• 04-04-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

what is the best value mobile phone that also has an mp3 capability with decent strorage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Nokia 5310 is one of the better ones comes with 2gb memory will take up to 4 and has a regular 3.5mm headphone socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

thanks Eamon, I have a sony ericssonn k610i at the moment and the sound is very good but capacity is poor so need to upgrade. Appreciate the help. going to search for the specs now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

No prob I've got one for sale over on Adverts if you're interested I just cant get used to Nokias anymore (I'm a Sony Ericsson man too!)

eamon does that ph have a fm tuner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

maradona10 wrote: »
    thanks Eamon, I have a sony ericssonn k610i at the moment and the sound is very good but capacity is poor so need to upgrade. Appreciate the help. going to search for the specs now

Have you tried a 2GB or 4GB card in the k610i?

• Advertisement

Bostonb the m2 cards are very expensive. thats why i was thinking of upgrading and also there is no fm radio.

i got the 610i when there was a good deal in carphone warehouse but its ran its course now.

have you any other suggestions or are you in the same boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Bostonb the m2 cards are very expensive. thats why i was thinking of upgrading and also there is no fm radio.

i got the 610i when there was a good deal in carphone warehouse but its ran its course now.

have you any other suggestions or are you in the same boat?

Not nearly as expensive as getting a new phone though?

I have W810i which sounds ok. But I still prefer using a dedicated MP3 player. Its sounds better, faster transfers, and the controls are much better.

thanks lads,

solitaryman, i think ill buy from them. ive been looking at a sony 550i or nokia 5310 with o2.

the k550i costs 79euro + 45euro for 1gb m2 memory.

if i can sell my 610i ph for 50+euro and buy the k550i ph from o2 and the memory from the site you mentioned it shouldnt set me back to much.

at least that way ive got a fm radio

sorry if that sounds convoluted

Question,
    why is the memory that cheap on those sites and so expensive with the networks and sony stores

thanks lads,

solitaryman, i think ill buy from them. ive been looking at a sony 550i or nokia 5310 with o2.

the k550i costs 79euro + 45euro for 1gb m2 memory.

if i can sell my 610i ph for 50+euro and buy the k550i ph from o2 and the memory from the site you mentioned it shouldnt set me back to much.

at least that way ive got a fm radio

sorry if that sounds convoluted

Question,
    why is the memory that cheap on those sites and so expensive with the networks and sony stores

They want to make a profit and enough people won't shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Fabio

Memory is dirt cheap on ebay too if you have a look there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭ablelocks

This post has been deleted.

there's a 4gb Sandisk at mymemory for £17.99 / €22.83 (excl. shipping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nevadaversity

Best bargain Ive found is this 4GB SanDisk Micro M2 for £12.99! Comes with a USB reader too!

Advertisement