Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

snapped punto bonnet cable

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi there

Does anyone know how you can open the bonnet of a 2003 Fiat Punto when the the bonnet cable has snapped. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dont know but if you could have a look at another punto with the bonnet open you might get a clue as to how to proceed.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Has the cable definitely snapped? In my Mum's punto, the cable kept disconnecting from the bonnet release lever, so it wouldn't open. We went down to our local garage and he said it happens to Puntos all the time, he just popped it back on for us for free, it took about 5 mins. Although we only got the bonnet opened about twice before it came off again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

I was almost in the same situation. This was the best advice I found at the time:
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_open_the_bonnet_hood_on_a_Fiat_Punto_when_the_release_cable_does_not_work

The bumper wraps all around the underside and the release mechanism is on the front of the radiator, so access from underneath is in my opinion impossible.

Good luck!
    (luckily my cable wasn't snapped, only stuck)

Advertisement