Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBOOD - IPod Touch - €289 [Expired]

• 04-04-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Better be quick. :)
    * Brand: Apple
    * Type: MA627ZD/B Touch 16 GB V2
    * Capacity: 16 GB
    * Memorytype: Flashgeheugen
    * PC interface: USB 2.0
    * Music formats: MP3 / WAV / AAC / AIFF
    * Photo formats: JPEG / GIF / TIFF / BMP / PNG
    * Video formats: MPEG-4 / H.264
    * Resolution LCD display: 480 x 320 pixels
    * Battery: Lithium-ion
    * Measurements: 110 x 61.8 x 8 mm
    * Weight: 120 gram
    * Warranty: 2 years

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

Reduced from €369.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

saw this too, any opinions about it? is the price good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Refurb I presume? Looks tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

No they are brand new. Price is decent, shame i dont like Apple :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive never been a fan of ipods (In the past have gone for iaudio, iriver, creative) but I got a 32 gb touch today and it is the most impressive devise I have ever used. Absolutely brilliant.

Seriously recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All gone... I said be quick. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not a big fan of apple and hadn't planned on getting one... but have free delivery coupon and it was 80€ cheaper than from apple site, plus i'm in a good mood tonight so got one... now hope the delivery won't take too long (ie. more than 2 weeks)

eolhc wrote: »
    not a big fan of apple and hadn't planned on getting one... but have free delivery coupon and it was 80€ cheaper than from apple site, plus i'm in a good mood tonight so got one... now hope the delivery won't take too long (ie. more than 2 weeks)

You honestly wont be disappointed. If you have any appreciate for gadgets you will love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Have used iTouch and iPhone and have to say particulary with the iPhone if i had to use it day to day i'd go mad.

I don't like the touch screen idea esp. in an MP3 player where i control my unit most of the time by touch in the pocket etc... i.e. i know where the buttons are by feel without having to look (or take it out of my pocket) at the device or remote which would be necessary with a iTouch :(.

Also sending SMS on the iPhone i find a pain, with my current phone i can walk and text without looking at the screen the whole time... i cant see that happening with the iPhone.

MEH iSay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have used iTouch and iPhone and have to say particulary with the iPhone if i had to use it day to day i'd go mad.
    Not for everyone I'll admit.. but what phone is!

I've a Creative Zen 30GB for my MP3 playing needs but after playing more with the iPhone MP3 Player, it really does have it's advantages (especially in speed of scrolling down artists / songs with your finger. There's nothing else as accurate out there).
    I don't like the touch screen idea esp. in an MP3 player where i control my unit most of the time by touch in the pocket etc... i.e. i know where the buttons are by feel without having to look (or take it out of my pocket) at the device or remote which would be necessary with a iTouch :(.
    If this is a problem, 2 things:

(i) there are applications like 'PocketTouch' for the (jailbroken) iPhone and iPod Touch that allow you to navigate songs, switch up volume and go to a random song simply by executing swipes of the screen in your pocket. And it works incredibly well.
    (ii) the iPhone (and iPod Touch I think) come with a unique set of earphones which have a little notch in the middle of the wire. Clicking the notch once will pause / resume a song (or answer / hang up a call) and double-clicking it will move to the next song (or send an incoming call to voicemail).

Video below to demonstrate.

Also sending SMS on the iPhone i find a pain, with my current phone i can walk and text without looking at the screen the whole time... i cant see that happening with the iPhone.
    SMS on the iPhone takes some getting used to but I fly at it now and the word suggestions if you mistype a word is a godsend. Odds are you will be able to walk and text once to get used to the idea you won't be getting haptic feedback and if you miss a letter here and there, the iPhone will correct that.

Like I said, not for everyone. But best phone i've ever had.. and i've owned plenty!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Is there any modded firmware / app that supports divx or xvid?

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Is there any modded firmware / app that supports divx or xvid?
    No.. don't think so.

The iPod Touch / iPhone doesn't have the codec. They more than likely will in the next firmware due for release June though (as video support was one of the topics top of the agenda for the big v2.0 firmware).

Basq - do you know any good guides for jail breaking a 1.1.4 ipod touch ?

Tusky wrote: »
    Basq - do you know any good guides for jail breaking a 1.1.4 ipod touch ?
    Haven't jailbroken an iPod Touch but it's the same as jailbreaking an iPhone (without the unlocking and activation steps).

So.. here's a very clear and to-the-point guide:
    Easiest way to Jailbreak your iPod.

1. Go Here: http://download.ziphone.org/
    2. Download and install ZiPhone.
    3 .Open ZiPhone.
    4. Connect your iPod to your computer.
    5. Click 'Jailbreak' iPod Touch.
    6. Wait about 45 seconds (Loads of magical white text appears on your iPod screen during this time)
    7. Your iPod reboots.
    8.You're done.

You then use Installer to add more apps. (You must be at a wifi hotspot)
    You really need to install 'BSD Subsystem' and 'Summerboard' from Installer.
    (BSD Subsystem is needed by many apps, summerboard lets you change the theme on your ipod)

Play around with the other apps.
    You can uninstall anything you don't like using the Uninstall section of Installer
    Don't be scared to do it.. remember that anything going wrong in jailbreaking can be reset by a simple restore.

Do let me know if you've any problems (which you shouldn't have).

basquille wrote: »
    Haven't jailbroken an iPod Touch but it's the same as jailbreaking an iPhone (without the unlocking and activation steps).

So.. here's a very clear and to-the-point guide:

Don't be scared to do it.. remember that anything going wrong in jailbreaking can be reset by a simple restore.

Do let me know if you've any problems (which you shouldn't have).

Will that work with 1.1.4 (updated software) ? Thought you had to downgrade to 0.1.1 or something ?

Will that work with 1.1.4 (updated software) ? Thought you had to downgrade to 0.1.1 or something ?
    Actually.. I think you might. I didn't specifically have to with the iPhone using ZiPhone.

Guide on YouTube below:

In regards to warranty, is it gone forever or only while jailbreak is on it ? i.e if I restore, will be warranty be ok ?

In regards to warranty, is it gone forever or only while jailbreak is on it ? i.e if I restore, will be warranty be ok ?
    Don't want to say too much on this issue to be honest.

But suffice to say while it's jailbreaked, the warranty IS voided. However a restore back to a previous firmware on iTunes clears all presence of it ever being jailbreaked! ;)

Don't want to say too much on this issue to be honest.

But suffice to say while it's jailbreaked, the warranty IS voided. However a restore back to a previous firmware on iTunes clears all presence of it ever being jailbreaked! ;)

Excellent. Cheers for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The 16GB ipod touch is about £230 sterling inc. delivery from ebuyer. This should come in at under €300 on your credit card.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132368

butts wrote: »
    The 16GB ipod touch is about £230 sterling inc. delivery from ebuyer. This should come in at under €300 on your credit card.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132368

I got a new sealed ipod touch 32gb for about 340 euro delivered on ebay. Can pm ebay username of seller if anyone is interested.

Delivery took 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Did you jailbreak yours yet Tusky?
    I have an 8gb on on 1.1.4 firmware. Id like to know if it worked ok on yours before I do mine :D.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Did you jailbreak yours yet Tusky?
    I have an 8gb on on 1.1.4 firmware. Id like to know if it worked ok on yours before I do mine :D.

Not yet :)

Even with all the reassurance Ive been given I'm a bit nervous. Ive barley used the thing so would kill me if I broke it! Also, I spent the whole day putting music on it so to delete all that is a kick on the teeth. Although now Ive set up itunes it shouldnt take too long.

I'm gonna try it in a bit and report back....wish me luck.

Best of luck with it. I only have mine as well so like you I dont want to brick it.
    Everything I have read seems to say that if there any problems then you can just reset it. Its just that little voice in that back of the head saying that there is a first time for everything lol.

Ive barley used the thing so would kill me if I broke it!
    You won't break it.. seriously, don't worry!

If a jailbreak doesn't take, a restore in iTunes will ALWAYS fix it.

Best of luck with it. I only have mine as well so like you I dont want to brick it.
    Everything I have read seems to say that if there any problems then you can just reset it. Its just that little voice in that back of the head saying that there is a first time for everything lol.

Just done it, all went fine. For the record, this is what I done (as I find some of the guides unnecessarily wordy)

1) Download iTunes & Ziphone. You may need microsoft frameworks 2.0 as well if you get an error when extracting ziphone.

2) Open itunes and click restory. Wait for it to do its thing (this will delete all your music, photos and videos but for some reason, didnt delete my extra aps such as maps etc)

3) Open Ziphone and select jailbreak, white code will come up on the ipod screen, let it do its thing.

4) the ipod should reset itself and then you will have the installer icon on the screen. resync to itunes and then download whatever aps you want.

Hope that helps.
    You won't break it.. seriously, don't worry!

If a jailbreak doesn't take, a restore in iTunes will ALWAYS fix it.

Yeah, had no problems, was easy as pie.

Glad all went well.. told you it would be easy!

Glad all went well.. told you it would be easy!

Now for the fun stuff. What are the 'must have' apps ?

Thanks Tusky. Hopefully ZiPhone has no problems on mac osx. Im off to try it on mine now too.
    Ill report back later. :thumbsup:

edit: did you have to reset it back to 1.1.1 firmware or anything?

Thanks Tusky. Hopefully ZiPhone has no problems on mac osx. Im off to try it on mine now too.

I take it you downloaded the ziphone mac version yeah ?

• Advertisement

edit: did you have to reset it back to 1.1.1 firmware or anything?

No, just click restore and let leave it to download/restore.

oooops
    I messed it up. I got an error 0xe8000022. Its not being recognised by iTunes.

oooops
    I messed it up. I got an error 0xe8000022. Its not being recognised by iTunes.

Hmm

there are lots of videos on youtube to help you if something goes wrong.

I have tried a few things but none of them are working for me atm :(
    Hopefully I can get it working.
    It seems to be working ok normally I just cant get it jailbroken.

Phew I managed to get it working ok and the jailbreak working. I ended up using iLiberty+.
    Its similar to ZiPhone and basically just had to hit one button and its done.
    Now to find some cool apps :D

Good to see it worked for you eventually, BFassassin.

As I said, everything can be reset with a simple restore.

As for must have apps, some here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement