Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test!!!

Options
  • 04-04-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

whats the story with this. how have you full licenced drivers got on with your test. what sort of tips would you give someone that is about too sit their test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

whats the story with this. how have you full licenced drivers got on with your test. what sort of tips would you give someone that is about too sit their test?

Just be yourself.... Forget you are doing the test & drive on under his/her instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You could try the Learning to Drive Forum! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could try the Learning to Drive Forum! ;)
    Too slow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Too slow. :D
    Don't you mean 'progress fault'. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Ok, here's what I would suggest.

Get lessons with a good instructor (unfortunately there is rarely a way to tell a good from a bad instructor) (though I did once have an instructor who, in preparing me for 'theory' part of the test, showed me the old black-on-white "End of Speed Limit" sign. I proceeded to fail my test the next day and changed driving schools).

Remember MSMM - Mirror, Signal, Mirror, blind-spot check, Maneuvre. Use this always when making turns, changing lanes, entering/leaving roundabouts etc.

Keep good progress. Keep left unless you need to clear obstacles such as parked cars - you should give parked cars a full open doors width of clearance.

Practice the special maneuvres, reversing around a junction, and the turnabout.

Finally:

Once you master test-standard driving, take it easy. When you get out to the car the tester is just going to sit there giving you directions/instructions and you follow them. Simple as that.

Advertisement