Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Regional Hospital to be located in Navan

Options
  • 04-04-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

Lad's what do you think about the proposal to locate the regional hospital for the North East in Navan?

Personally I think it's nuts! 'm from just outside Drogheda and even so I think if they are serious about this being a regional hospital it has to be in Ardee or somewhere more central so that people from the North of the Region aren't getting screwed. As it is whenever I've visite the loudres with kids for overnight stays I'm siickened by the amount of time that people from Cavan and Monaghan have to spend travelling to visit loved ones.

As for the political reaction it's all as you'd expect. I can understand that they all hav eto fight their corner. But as a region we are getting seriously shafted. Ahern comes out today and says that there isn't a "red cent"
    available for a regional hospital. Is that supposed to make us in Louth Feel better, that there is no moey set aside to improve the ****e service we've had to put up with over the last couple of years.

I AM ANGRY!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Damn Nobody Cares. Now I'm Sad. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I care. Hadn't seen this thread tbh.

I heard on the news last night that Navan was suggested but this far from confirmed. Bertie admitted that the promise won't be kept and the hospital won't be built by 2010, he also said he doubted it would be built by 2011. There is no budget earmarked for this as pointed out by Dermot Ahern so I can't see it being built anytime soon.

Advertisement