Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costas the Greek

Options
  • 04-04-2008 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Costas the Greek is showing a tourist round his home village. He takes him first to the farm, and shows him the wall.

"Look at that wall," he says. "That is a fine wall. I built it all by myself, with my own two hands. It keeps the livestock in, and thieves out. That is a magnificent wall I have built."

And then he sighs, and says, "But do they call me Costas the Wall-Builder? No they do not."

They then go down to the waterfront. Costas points out the new pier, all the boats and the hustle and bustle of activity on the waterfront, and says to the visitor,

"Look at that pier. That is a fine pier. I built it all by myself, with my own two hands. Now the boats have somewhere to dock, and they can keep our village supplied with fish all year round. That is a magnificent pier I have built, and we will never go hungry again."

And then he sighs, and says, "But do they call me Costas the Pier-Builder? No they do not."

They finish the tour at the church, a tall whitewashed stone building, dominating the skyline. Costas points out the church, and says to the visitor,

"Last year our church, it burnt down. So I built a new one. Look at that church. That is a fine church. I built it all by myself, with my own two hands. Now the people have somewhere to pray, and our village can give thanks to God for their fine wall, their fine pier, and their fine church. That is a magnificent church I have built, the finest in the whole Mediterranean. But do they call me Costas the Church-Builder? No they do not."

He then drops his voice, and murmurs to the tourist, "But you sleep with just ONE chicken..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Lolo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have heard that as Mick on Aran with a sheep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Fey! wrote: »
    Have heard that as Mick on Aran with a sheep!!

That sheep was just 'resting' in my bed! :o

Advertisement