Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Smoker?

• 05-04-2008 2:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in my experience everytime time i tried to be a social smoker i went back on smokes full time.

I ten decided to give myself 3 weeks of no drinking to accilmatise myself to no longer having smoking habits and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hey,

As an ex heavy-ish smoker (smoked for 13 years, up to a regular twenty+ per day) there is no chance that you can go from being a smoker to being a social smoker.

I firmly believe that there are two kinds of people in the world, smokers and non-smokers...if you are a smoker then you will always be a smoker, even if you give up completely you will always be a "smoker type" so you will not be able to social smoke because you are only fooling yourself and it's inevitable that you will start full time again at some point in the future...that's not just fantasy or rhetoric (is that how you spell that?), it happened to me numerous times....

There's no point in being a social smoker.....if you want to stop smoking then dont f***ing smoke...plain and simple, hard as it may seem it's the only way to do it!

On the plus side, after the initial tough couple of weeks (and if you're serious it is only a couple of weeks before it gets piss easy!) it really is a great feeling to wake up in the morning and:

a) Not be dying for you next cigarette
    b) Not have that awful dirty ashtray feeling in your mouth
    c) Sit up straight without coughing up half a lung's worth of tar

I dont want this to sound preachy because that's exactly the kind of **** that I used to hate but seriously as a smoker if you want to give up then the best way to do it is just to give up..."Social Smokers" are the (un)lucky few who can smoke once in a while when they're out and then forget about it until the next time they find themselves in a similar situation, as an ex-full-time-smoker you you will probably never be in this position and as such should avoid the temptation!!

R.

Advertisement