Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darts '01 Outshot Strategy

• 05-04-2008 4:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Just something I saw on another darts forum, Lads (and ladies if any) Post up an out score and tell us what you'd go for and why.

I'll start the ball rolling with 87.................

Throw first dart at T19, if I hit the S19 then I have 68 left which means I can go S18 for Bull.

How would the rest of you's go and why??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

But if you hit T19 you're left with D15. Not ideal.

I'd go for T17, D18. If you hit S17, you have plenty of options as to how to go about finishing 70 depending on whether your opponent is on a finish or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would go the same way as Rosco, the S17 route. Then if it's needed I would go the S20 Bull route, or if not, I would go for the T10. If I hit the S10 then it's an easy S20 to leave tops.

How about when trying to finish 95? Most of the pros would go the Bull route because if they hit the 25 that would leave 70. That is probably the best way to go but I always go for the T19 because it's a 2 dart finish. If I hit the T19 then I leave D19 which is not much of an adjustment. If I hit the single that leaves 76 so go for T20.

What do you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Healio wrote: »
    Just something I saw on another darts forum, Lads (and ladies if any) Post up an out score and tell us what you'd go for and why.

I'll start the ball rolling with 87.................

Throw first dart at T19, if I hit the S19 then I have 68 left which means I can go S18 for Bull.

How would the rest of you's go and why??

Should have read 87 with your opponent already on a 1 dart out.

Then, throw first dart at T19, if I hit the S19 then I have 68 left which means I can hit a single to leave an outshot albeit a hard one. Although the T17 does sound a better option as you can do the same to leave the same.
    kingp35 wrote:
    How about when trying to finish 95?

Lately the 19's are giving me trouble, I'd prefer going Bull-13-D16. If I hit the SB then I'd go to leave D20 through T10.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

what if you hit s10,your left with 60 and your opponent is in.if you hit 25 has to be 20 then bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

If you are worried about getting a shot at a double, you could go bull on the first dart.

For 87:

25 - 12- 50

50 - 5- 32

At the end of the day, you have to go with what you are most comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

If oppenent was on a double or three dart outshot, I would always take the combination that would leave a shot at the bull. As other posters have said the only way to go for 87 is to go for 51>36, single 17 leaves 20 then a shot at bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

What way do people go about finishing these:

a)82
    b)69
    c)125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

82. Normally Bull - Double 16, If I hit 25 its 17, Tops.
    I also go for treble 18-double 14, If I hit single 18 its single 14 for the bull or treble 14 for double 11. For some reason I rarely go for treble 14 for tops.

69. Normally go treble 15-Double 12. If I hit single 15, its 14 for tops. Also go for treble 11 for double 18. If I hit a single 11 its 18 for tops.

125. Normally go for the 25 first, hit that its treble 20 for tops, hit the bull its either 25 again for the bull or treble 17 for double 12.
    Have also used Single 18, treble 19, bull
    Or treble 18, treble 13, double 16
    Have been known to go for treble 15 and tops twice too though. Hit a single 15 its treble 20 for bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

a)82 - Treble 14, Double Top..........if ya hit a single 14.....leaves 68 (18 + bull)

b)69 - Treble 19, Double 6.......single 19 leaves bull

c)125 - Bull 25 bull:p

Just to add another what way would u guys go for 75??? i use to try 25 + bull........but seen this at a league match Treble 13 Double 18..........i have practiced it abit and since........i have taken it out twice in league games.......its a snazzy shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

MBC wrote: »
    Just to add another what way would u guys go for 75??? i use to try 25 + bull........but seen this at a league match Treble 13 Double 18..........i have practiced it abit and since........i have taken it out twice in league games.......its a snazzy shot.

Problem with that shot, is if you hit single 13, you have 12....Bull

I go T17 D12, if I hit a single 17, you have 18 for Tops.

I'd far rather have one dart for Tops, than for Bull...... especially as you may have to waste a dart if you hit 25 on your next visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Good point........the 2 times i have tried it in a game its come off.......so ill prob just go for it again.

Advertisement