Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thirty something's pubs..

Options
  • 05-04-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I cant seem to find a decent pub that is not filled with the celtic tiger cubs! Can anyone suggest a nice boozer that I can meet(preferably women) and mix with other thirty somthings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Pubs in the suburbs?

ARlington hotel on the quays and parnell mooneys on parnell street seem to be full of aul ones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Depends on your scene. Hogans, The Globe (George's Street), Sin É (north quays), Stag's Head (off Dame Street), Solas, Anseo (Wexford Street/Camden Street area), Bia Bar (some street off Stephen's Green - sorry, I'm not a Dub!)... you'd find people aged between 25 and 40 in those places. But they're not the kinds of places where people give a sh1t about age anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dudess wrote: »
    Sin É (north quays)
    North Quays? - there's 11 of them! :eek: :)

(It's on Ormond Quay Upper ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Barrys Hotel... Just off Parnell Square...

My dad is a door man there, full with the older crowd.. great laugh though..

Plenty of single women...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

if it's on parnell sq it's probably a kip though. Sin E gets all sorts I used to go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Club M(ILF). Full of hen parties with older singles in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    if it's on parnell sq it's probably a kip though.

Prejudice at its best....

I sugested this bar as it is quite well known for the older crowd, when I say older I mean you won't find students or under 20's there.. From what i can gather this is what the OP is looking for..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Bull and Castle, Christchurch

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If you don't want to go from pillar to post then stay around camden st.Ther'es a good concentration of pubs with a higher eclectic mix.
    Shelbourne bar is top notch for mingling,flirting and a laugh on a fri. and sat.night . I even chatted up a muslim MILF there 2week ago.(If this burka's a rockin!...)
    Sin e or the globe (it opens to ri ra after 11)for afters.

Barry's hotel has a place in the whole schism of things but it ain't cool. Like crack cocane...it's the best fun in town but frowned on by your peers. So much so that it'll quickly lead you to social isolation. However it is near Conways on Parnell st. Still a fine,fine, boozer where you'd never know who you could end up talking to.
    Neary's on chatham st and on for late ones in either The Gaeity(still the best r&b dj upstairs) or Bruxxells. Both 'older-friendly' and then for very,very late ones in Le cave. It's a restuarant but will happily shift you wine without food at the bar til it's bright in the morning and this place is glam mam singing on the tables fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    if it's on parnell sq it's probably a kip though
    It's on Great Denmark Street!

• Advertisement
Advertisement