Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National Specials

Options
  • 05-04-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at the specials available on Paddy Power for the big one today. Taking bets on how late the race will go off. 8/11 favourite that it's more than four minutes late. I know it's a bit of a mad bet but surely PP are playing with fire here. Isn't this one of those "floodlight failure" bets that could easily be taken advantage of my dodgy individuals. I t would only take one "drunk" Scouser to wander on to the track before the off or something like that for an unsrupulous individual to clean up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Collie D wrote: »
    . Isn't this one of those "floodlight failure" bets that could easily be taken advantage of my dodgy individuals. I t would only take one "drunk" Scouser to wander on to the track before the off or something like that for an unsrupulous individual to clean up.

good idea, do you know anyone over there?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

growler wrote: »
    good idea, do you know anyone over there?

;)

I may have a contact if you have a hefty bank ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Collie D wrote: »
    Just looking at the specials available on Paddy Power for the big one today. Taking bets on how late the race will go off. 8/11 favourite that it's more than four minutes late. I know it's a bit of a mad bet but surely PP are playing with fire here. Isn't this one of those "floodlight failure" bets that could easily be taken advantage of my dodgy individuals. I t would only take one "drunk" Scouser to wander on to the track before the off or something like that for an unsrupulous individual to clean up.

This is why they have a minimum stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hi i really wanna lose some money, but cannot get pp online to open:(
    Is anyone else having probs. I am allowing for the last minute rush for the national, otherwise is my crap bb as usual...

This is why they have a minimum stake.

Surely you mean maximum, smartarse :)

• Advertisement

On a further note to this, I see they wee giving odds of around 6/1 on no fallers at the first. Was thinking of doing this myself but heard a stat that this hadn't happened in about twenty years.

Still happy with it as anybody who is hoping for carnage deserves to lose a few quid IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Their 1/3 that Cloudy lane would start at 11/2 or bigger was buying money. Quick look at Betfair seeing 50k to back at 7's an hour before the off

Saw that myself, punchestown but call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but there's something about putting a bet on with a bookie about what a bookie is going to do that puts me off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

You are a conspiracy theorist collie d! I think with such a huge market as the Grand National and the strength of money on Betfair, that any maniplulation by off course influences would cause barely a ripple. They also had a market on a horse to finish the race and a corresponding price not to finish the race. Some prices there were of interest.

Does anybody know what time the race did go off? i.e. how many minutes late

You are a conspiracy theorist collie d! I think with such a huge market as the Grand National and the strength of money on Betfair, that any maniplulation by off course influences would cause barely a ripple. They also had a market on a horse to finish the race and a corresponding price not to finish the race. Some prices there were of interest.

Does anybody know what time the race did go off? i.e. how many minutes late

Was somewhere between 1.15 and 1.30 late by my reckoning, pretty good work by starter and jockeys IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement