Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Troubles

Options
  • 05-04-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

One of my five month old nipple piercings is acting up. It seems to have developed some sort of abcess below it, which is oozing blood and pus (charming, I know). What should I do about it? I know not to take it out, cos the abcess might get trapped inside the piercing if it heals up, and I'll do a hot compress on it for as long as I can, as often as I can.

Mark at V is abroad atm, so I can't dash in and see him. Would the piercers at Snakebite mind me wandering in and asking for help on a piercing they didn't do?

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't over do the hot compress/ sea salt soaks cos it most likely will dry out the area which you really dont want.

Uhm whats best situation here... when you've a shower in the morning gently remove the crusties and stuff. The water will loosen it up a lot so should just be a matter of getting a q-tip and wiping away the excess. Then later in the day just sea salt soak the are. I find cotton pads the best cos cotton wool will get caught around the bars

hope this helps, yeah sure pop into any of the places, im sure they wont mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Thanks Will, it looks like it's clearing up nicely now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

I seen this heading on the latest thread on the home page. sorry couldnt resist, it felt so much like a todd moment....

the_todd.jpg

Advertisement