Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non - student venues ...

Options
  • 05-04-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

... is there places to go out in Galway that aren't choc full of h0rny 20 year olds? For the slightly more mature drinker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

High Street pubs like Freeneys, The Quays, Taaffes, The Warwick. There are plenty of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Plenty of bars for the more mature audience - Murphy's, Freeny's, McGuire's, Cooke's, Rabbitt's, Stage Door...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I generally go to the Front Door, Buskers or Bar No.8 (although the front door is getting less mature). Probably heading to the Warwick tonight, that's definitely and 'older' crowd. I'm in my late 20's btw... if that's old enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

biko wrote: »
    Plenty of bars for the more mature audience - Stage Door...

ROFL! Different Audience in there!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

All of my sassy, sexy but subtly individual female friends are simultaneously fed up with their womanly voodoo being too much for the immature 18-21 year old market and being sleazed onto by married men.

Where oh where can they ply their flirtatious ways with men between 24 and 32 (with a net worth in excess of €300k) whilst also entertaining their Sex and the City fantasies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Buskers & The Dew Drop...love both of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Get out of the centre of town.

I love Twelve (Barna), Lohan's (Salthill), O'Connor's - except in July & August (Salthill).

None of those venues would be any good for anyone looking for love though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Sherifu wrote: »
    High Street pubs like Freeneys, The Quays, Taaffes, The Warwick. There are plenty of places.

My friends (17-19) have taken to heading to Taaffes for a pint before they hit Karma/Boos/etc on a night out :D unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

My friends (17-19) have taken to heading to Taaffes for a pint before they hit Karma/Boos/etc on a night out :D unlucky
    The Guinness is good, there's still a lot of the older crowd in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Sherifu wrote: »
    The Guinness is good, there's still a lot of the older crowd in there though.

Brilliant Pub, great craic, full of Tourists, Its all good!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

dafunk wrote: »
    ... is there places to go out in Galway that aren't choc full of h0rny 20 year olds? For the slightly more mature drinker.
    What's wrong with horny 20 year olds?

Advertisement