Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway F**king Market

Options
  • 05-04-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Mr Gordon Ramsey was doing a bit of cooking down the market this morning.
    DSC_0013.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's pretty cool. Did he abuse anyone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Just the guy he was cooking with :D.He seems a very pleasant chap, was happy to talk to people and obliged anyone that wanted a photo taken with him.I guess he wasn't in character, pretty cool though that the market will be on the beeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mooch

Hey, that's pretty cool. I wonder where he'll dine out while he's here? The G, I spose. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I just knew this thread wasn't going to be as interesting as the title suggested...........:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Mooch wrote: »
    Hey, that's pretty cool. I wonder where he'll dine out while he's here? The G, I spose. :rolleyes:

Probably not; I think they left fairly early as they had a plane to catch.

I'm so sorry I missed that this morning; he's one of my favourite TV personalities. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

I want to hear everything about what he was doing there. Was it for a tv show or was he just randomly settign up a stall to sell his cooking? Please fill me in on all the gossip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Great, regretting the decision to go back to sleep this morning instead of get up and go to the market as planned.

Filming for the F Word i'm told.He was cooking Sea Urchins with some Japanese bloke that supplies them from a stall from what i gathered.He made some Sea Urchin scramble egg :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I walked through there about 3 times this morning, dont know how I missed him. Although I was making an effort to avoid those blasted orange hoody crowd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

cant believe it missed him!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

C'mon people. He's a cook, not a superhero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

biko wrote: »

he is not just a cook!! :P

he is a a huge tv personality!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

biko wrote: »

Not even a cook but a damn good cook, I have to say I wish I had seen that, love his food, nothing flamboyant but just good food.

eggs and sea urchins, hmmmm possibly would not have tried that though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This must be one of the least sarcastic and most fullsome in praise threads ever to appear here.
    Gordon Ramsey = Galway boards collective soft spot.
    Whodda thunk it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

chilly wrote: »
    This must be one of the least sarcastic and most fullsome in praise threads ever to appear here.
    Gordon Ramsey = Galway boards collective soft spot.
    Whodda thunk it? :)

**** off!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

**** off!:pac:

Soft spot AND a touchy spot for some...bless.
    It was just observation. Keep your knickers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Sea urchin is the most appalling thing I have ever eaten. It tastes like pre-digested dog spleen (don't ask how I know, but I used live in Korea...). As for adding it to scrambled egg - I'd rather eat an omelette made with the contents of an ashtray.

As for Gordon Ramsey, he's a rude unpleasant twat who owns a selection of over-rated restaurants and he doesn't cook in any of them. He is just a brand name. Just like Uncle Ben is a brand name....

<EDIT; Hey OP, what was so bad about the pic that Photobucket deleted it?>

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

I spotted him too, just a nod and a 'Good morning, Mr Ramsay', before going on my way.

As a South African, I was making straight for the Henry's Boerie Rolls stand to pick up my weekly pound of Boerewors and a bit of biltong!! To hell with artyfarty cooking

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

dammit. i now want boerewors. i'm rarely off work on saturdays, so it's a treat to go into town and get some.

Sea urchin is the most appalling thing I have ever eaten. It tastes like pre-digested dog spleen (don't ask how I know, but I used live in Korea...). As for adding it to scrambled egg - I'd rather eat an omelette made with the contents of an ashtray.

As for Gordon Ramsey, he's a rude unpleasant twat who owns a selection of over-rated restaurants and he doesn't cook in any of them. He is just a brand name. Just like Uncle Ben is a brand name....

<EDIT; Hey OP, what was so bad about the pic that Photobucket deleted it?>

'cptr

I must have deleted it this morning removing older photos, il stick it up again just for you sometime seeing as your such a fan :D

From what i saw anybody that tasted the dish (grannies and kids inc)liked it even at that hour of the morning, so can't be that bad.

The unpleasant twat you see on the telly box is just a character he plays up to, it works very well so why not milk it?In person he came across very friendly, my sister met him too that morning and he was happy to have a quick chat and have a photo taken with her and a mate.

Can't comment on any of the guys eateries i ain't ever been to one, but judging by the amount of Michelin stars he has been awarded and kept he must be doing something right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I spotted him too, just a nod and a 'Good morning, Mr Ramsay', before going on my way.

As a South African, I was making straight for the Henry's Boerie Rolls stand to pick up my weekly pound of Boerewors and a bit of biltong!! To hell with artyfarty cooking

L

Used to have a South African chef in work - everybody loved his vetkoek stuffed with chilli mince. Never had Boorewors - must check 'em out next time I'm over.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

Heh, I make it my task to get up at 0700 on a saturday morning and go in with herself.

We spend a bit of time together before I gotta slog, and we get boerie! Win win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

oh my god i cant believe i missed that........:mad:

Advertisement