Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow, thunderstorms and ice this Weekend

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Yes thats the trough.

The precipitation to the north has died out completely really for us in the East. However the Northwest seems to be getting some prolonged snowfall now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Oh dear oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowbie wrote: »
    Oh dear oh dear

Actually wasnt forecast or expected though snowbie, thats just a group of showers.

This trough later will be interesting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well whatever that was just passed here in the last 30 minutes...bit of wind swept snow and the wind chill seems to have dropped, but otherwise no need for the skis just yet...

Actually wasnt forecast or expected though snowbie, thats just a group of showers.

This trough later will be interesting to watch.
    Yes WC, but what happens when cold air travels over certain SST temps(steepens lapse rates), you can forecast the most risk areas with the prevailing wind but when it will happen is at a best guess.It's what catches any MET office out.:)

This trough, your refering too is just about to decay near Cumbria but will regenerate over the N Irish sea and meanwhile our little area of instability over the north is getting bumped up on its northern flank by the approaching UK trough.

• Advertisement

WC I really dont think the track of this trough will be as generous as you suggest. I think the SE will get something - but there are a couple of nagging issues

1. a small warm sector (not good for coasties) although it does remain below -5 at 850 hpa level

2. wind direct - Just East of Northerly - hmmmm

3. DP's which you will find will rise later probrably above 0C :/

Marginal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it has been snowing heavily here now for the last hour. sticking like goodo on the grass and car - but not on the ground.

lol anyone see yet what has happened to the trough off the Northeast coast of NI in the last half hour? - If it developes at that rate further south when it effects the East coast..........winds also going North Easterly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

if there will be any snow tonight what time will it hit dublin?:confused::)

snow plow wrote: »
    if there will be any snow tonight what time will it hit dublin?:confused::)

Between 2 and 4am most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

darkman2 wrote: »

Tempted to stay up this time, didn't expect any last night so was surprised to see a dusting this morning.

What odds would you give on some hitting the East coast tonight? I prefer to see it falling rather than melting like this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

will it be heavy enough to give a covering ?

lol anyone see yet what has happened to the trough off the Northeast coast of NI in the last half hour? - If it developes at that rate further south when it effects the East coast..........winds also going North Easterly now.
    I said it would regenerate alright but not that fast.:eek:
    It has obviously pushed the showers over NI westwards. Nacho and Paddy could have a prolonged fall yet.

Here it is at 2240, will post another shot soon and see if it again peps up.

It could be a long night!

I didnt think we'd still be at this on April 6th but hey one last night of lampost watching eh :D

Winds have gone WNW darkman, in the advance of a trough just like a front, the winds back and im showing signs of it now. This is actually good as a land wind(offshore) instead of a sea breeze(onshore) keeps temps low.

Trough has intensified.

Wee, I'm up all night so may see a bit of the white stuff (in Tallaght)

Snowbie, i'll be a bum and request you to upload the NW radar shots every now and again so i can look :D thanks alot!

Snowbie, i'll be a bum and request you to upload the NW radar shots every now and again so i can look :D thanks alot!
    Glad to share my wealth:p

Check it with the other shot and note the times on the chart.

Glad to share my wealth:p

Check it with the other shot and note the times on the chart.

Thanks, getting itself together, i don't think it will stretch too far inland, probably just clip 10-20miles inland along the east coast..

Interesting to see what intensity it can get to.

We just need the southern side of the trough to show its face now. The motion of that clump is WSW atm.
    Also like me stations in Dublin have now shown a west wind.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement

We just need the southern side of the trough to show its face now. The motion of that clump is WSW atm.
    Just to answer myself, its not going to develop over the isle of man now is it.:rolleyes:
    Once it clears IOM it should pep up.

Just to answer myself, its not going to develop over the isle of man now is it.:rolleyes:
    Once it clears IOM it should pep up.

lol The satellite image is beginning to the show the trough having a better structure, its bitter out there tonight, no frost will be visible though because of the low dewpoints, although maybe later there will be some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

lol The satellite image is beginning to the show the trough having a better structure, its bitter out there tonight, no frost will be visible though because of the low dewpoints, although maybe later there will be some.

There is frost on the cars here even though there is a slight breeze now and again.

Id say Paddy will be happy with what is headed for Galway.

There is more notable Northeast flow coming up then I thought. Looks like the precip to the West of IOM may be heading straight for us;)

, no frost will be visible though because of the low dewpoints, although maybe later there will be some.
    Yep thats correct, also if you look out your window now it has clouded over but temp remains unchanged at 1.3c here DP -1.1.

RH 84% which has all the hallmarks of the approaching trough.
    Air is dampening.

Also RTE weather on at 2345, i wonder will there be an upgrade with Jean(no pun intended):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Thanks, getting itself together, i don't think it will stretch too far inland, probably just clip 10-20miles inland along the east coast..

Interesting to see what intensity it can get to.

Dont say that! im in kildare tonight so need it to get 40miles in land.

The stuff seems to be intensifying over land in england on the east side just now and it held together last night over their aswell.

Pray god damn it!

I went on purchased it, not doing anything radical at the moment, central part of trough beginning to form as it exits the IOM

A convergence line has developed over in the west.
    Temp and Dp on the up here as it has clouded over again.
    Air 1.6c
    Dp -0.9c

Precip has peped up over the Irish sea, looks better formed now.

Dp -0.9c

Temperature is alright but :/ I suppose as long as it does not go above 0.5 odds are for snow but still marginal.

• Advertisement

There is too many anaprops representing the trough as it aint all that intense now. Latest image has it dissipating.
    1.7c
    Dp -0.7c

Advertisement