Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow, thunderstorms and ice this Weekend

Options

Comments

Loud rumble of thunder just there now.I saw no lightning from here in this room.

5.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Loud crack of thunder there after a heavy hail shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wicked hailstorm here(at work), everything white with medium sized hail and also with thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Real heavy hail shower just there. Temp dropped to 3.3c in it.

A big covering of snow on Lug. More days this spring with snow on it than not!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is certainlya change to the sultry conditions we has last april which ended up being our summer of 2007:)

Had a 20 minute sleet/hail shower.

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    A big covering of snow on Lug. More days this spring with snow on it than not!
    Yeah I saw that.Very little on croghan this morning,I'd say I had more.A funny track those showers took..We got about an inch and a half to 2 inches.There were wx registered cars on the N11 this morning with maybe 4 inches on them,I do know it snowed a lot heavier south of Gorey.I was only up for about 10 or 15 mins of the snow here before it stopped and I was out and about doing things,it was pretty good and stuck with ease.

Oh if only it were january,that airflow we have would do some jobbing on us all compared to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Looks like a massive shower about to hit Dublin any time now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Haily/sleety stuff in D15 now.

Definitely snow flakes mixed in there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fairly bad rain and some hail in TCD just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Currently doing a timelapse of the approaching heavy shower from the north - and it is developing rapidly now - some very pronounced hailshafts falling from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Kids had great fun in a good graupel/soft hail shower.

Also the temp drop had me heading to record books.

15:25 9.2C
    15:30 7.2C
    15:35 4.3C
    15:40 3.4C

Bottomed out at 3.3C. No thunder.

10 min fall of 4.7C is 2nd highest and 15 min fall of 5.8C is equal highest in my records (late 1999)

That shower is just finished here mothman.
    Temp is down to 2.9c :eek:
    Large hail and 2 rumbles of thunder.I was watching the storm bear in from the north east and it was a straight line hit-no escape!
    The place is white with the hail again-some of the stones being very large.

The internets is back! Keeps dropping in the hail showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Beautifully defined anvil bas blown up in the last hour out over Dundalk bay...headed SSE...Gonna see if I can get any decent pics of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

That same shower left an inch of hail on the ground in places!

Temp dropped from 10.5C to 3.3C in around 20 minutes.

Next one is coming :D

Another rumble of thunder in the shower heading for you MM at 1605.
    More rain than hail in that one here.

Heavy showers have just developed off the Louth coast and are moving a direct south.Might just clip here but looks like coastal wicklow/wexford is a threat from this.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Another rumble of thunder in the shower heading for you MM at 1605.
    More rain than hail in that one here.

It's passing inland of me :(

May just get the eastern edge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I just drove through it on the way home. It was sleet and covered the windscreen instantly in between blade swipes, very dodgy driving conditions (but fun!).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Heavy showers have just developed off the Louth coast and are moving a direct south.Might just clip here but looks like coastal wicklow/wexford is a threat from this.
    Clouds that look like they would be at home on the planet mongo to the North and north east of here...more of this coming I take it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Pic of that shower cloud/system posted in the snow thread on weather pics...it's got even bigger and better defined since I snapped it earlier...

Just heard thunder from distant north.

There are anvils all round me almost touching each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the hailstones have just gotten bigger and bigger over the weekend i never seen them so big. and little to no rain mixed in too.

Recorded a few strikes just offshore in that lump. Massive CB's, anvils are obscuring the sky.
    Wind is coming from the east with the downdrafts just offshore blowing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Recorded a few strikes just offshore in that lump. Massive CB's, anvils are obscuring the sky.
    Wind is coming from the east with the downdrafts just offshore blowing in.

Will this come near wexford?? And if it does what will it bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Interesting report on aaroadwatch.ie :-
    *MAIN TRAFFIC* *M4/KILDARE* Poor driving conditions on the M4 between J2 Leixlip East and J3 Maynooth and in the surrounding area following recent snowfall. Gardai have reported a number of crashes as a result. Motorists are advised to slow down.

Any boards members around that area with reports?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

any chance of snow tonight in dublin?

@ baraca, only rain if it gets that far south

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Big storm passing just East of me over the sea. 3 third flash just now. House shaking thunder!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big CB's moving down the coast clipping here with big hailstones, some were 1cm across :eek:

Advertisement