Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan boosted by Kaka's return from injury

• 05-04-2008 12:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview
    MILAN, April 4 (Serie A) - AC Milan have been boosted by the news that Brazilian midfielder Kaka is fit to face relegation-threatened Cagliari on Saturday.

Kaka trained on Friday having fully recovered from a knee injury sustained last month.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti will be relieved to have the South American star back on the team with the Rossoneri having struggled to make an impact without their top scorer.

Sunday's 2-1 defeat at home to Atalanta saw the Rossoneri drop to sixth in the Serie A standings, four points behind Fiorentina, who hold the last Champions League qualifying spot.

Milan have lost three of their last four Serie A encounters and with seven games left to play, club president Silvio Berlusconi will be hoping his players can get their act together.

Berlusconi said: 'I am worried just as all the Rossoneri fans are.

'I want to see a winning Milan side.'

Milan players were booed by the home crowd during last weekend's performance and Emerson believes that despite their poor run of late at the San Siro, where his team have only managed to collect one point in their last three encounters, the players do not deserve such treatment.

'All the players always go out on the pitch trying to give their best,' he said.

'The important thing is to understand where we have gone wrong and try to make sure we don4t make the same mistakes again.'

Rossoneri supporters have reason to be upset considering that they had high expectations this campaign.

Milan won the European Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup earlier this season.

However, Ancelotti's side are out of the Scudetto race and were knocked out by Catania in the last 16 of the Coppa Italia before waving goodbye to the Champions League after being eliminated by Arsenal last month.

Failure to qualify to Europe's elite club competition would be a huge blow for the Rossoneri and could put Ancelotti's future at the club into question.

However, Berlusconi has given a vote of confidence to Ancelotti ahead of this weekend4s clash.

'You only change a coach to make an improvement,' said Berlusconi.

'Who could Milan get who is better than Carlo? Carlo is the best choice and he will stay.'

Rivals Cagliari travel to the mainland inspired by their positive run, which has seen them avoid defeat in the past four encounters.

Despite holding title-chasing Roma to a 1-1 home draw last weekend, coach Davide Ballardini, who will serve a touchline ban on Saturday, knows his side will face a battle against the Rossoneri.

'It is the worst possible time to face them,' he said. 'They will be angry and will have much desire to make amends.'

The Rossoblu are currently in 18th place but are level on 29 points with Parma, Catania and Livorno and they will be desperate not to lose ground this weekend.

The hosts will have to do without experienced defender Alessandro Nesta, who serves his first of a two-match ban.

Moreover, right-back Massimo Oddo is unavailable having undergone surgery on his knee on Thursday.

The visitors will have to do without injured defender Paolo Bianco.
    Saturday, April 5, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Roma v Genoa Stadio Olimpico
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Cagliari Giuseppe Meazza
    Sunday, April 6, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Torino v Empoli Delle Alpi
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Napoli Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Livorno Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Siena v Udinese Artemio Franchi
    14:00 UK Parma v Lazio Ennio Tardini
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Inter Milan Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
    14:00 UK Fiorentina v Reggina Artemio Franchi
    19:30 UK Palermo v Juventus Renzo Barbera

Inter fans are banned from Atalanta. Cant remember why but I think it has something to do with an incident that happened a couple of years ago in the San Siro. Must google it.

I used to like watching Atalanta. They have a nice jersey!

I think Juve will drop points.

Roma need to bounce back after the mid week defeat but they'll be in a dog fight. Tough one and I think it will be a draw.

AC to win 1-0 and the same with the Viola.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Woah, you really lost your touch, kearnsr. Roma win 3-2 and Milan 3-1. That Superpippo is still lethal. Used to play for you secret team Atalanta, if I recall correctly, as did big Christian!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My form guide was way off the pace!

Inter get 3 points so thats always good. 4 point lead is back

Advertisement