Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Bring Bank gone from Newcastle Road

• 05-04-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭

why O why have they removed this? I usually brought a bag down every weekend as I tried to put them into the Green Recycling bin which is collected every two weeks but it soon fills up the bin. I can see why they would move them as there were always scangers dumping normal refuse in them instead of bottles thus ruining it for the rest of us.

Anyway its another degrading of services to the locality bd South Dublin County Council :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

According to their website, you can now recycle your plastic bottles in your green bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

that would be fine only for the amount of plastic bottles & paper I recycle I'll have to dump the bottles in the black bin as the green bin fills up after a week.

Anyway I'll fill the green bin as best I can, but looks like it will cut my recycling as a weeks recycling will be dumped. Way to go SDCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Can you contact them and ask for a bigger or second green bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

There was a plastic bring bank in the car park of lucan harriers track opp superquinn... is this the one you say is gone?

brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

brian_rbk wrote: »
    There was a plastic bring bank in the car park of lucan harriers track opp superquinn... is this the one you say is gone?

brian

yeah thats the one pity, anyway managed to flatten down the 2ltr bottles and put the cap back on to keep them from re-inflating. I see some scangers were still dumping bags down there over the weekend, hope they get prosecuted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement