Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour tags

Options
  • 05-04-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Ahoi.

Could we get colour tags disabled.. even if only for specific forums?

People have taken a fondness to defining specifically black text in their posts lately which are unreadable on the cloud skin without highlighting :\
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This was also brought up last month - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055250465
    Gave my view on it there. Forum specific could be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Not a bad idea alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

+1. pink and yellow font is really irritating to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

+1 from me too. I use the Evil skin and get frustrated by this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I must concur (again).

If posts outside my fora are rendered in black font (on Cloud), I just ignore them.

A pointless exercise when more or less everyone else here uses the standard font...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The sole reason for using coloured text is to make your posts harder to read because you have nothing to say but enjoy irritating people. Anyone using them can be safely ignored.

Black though could be chosen accidentally.

Just getting rid of it entirely would be the easiest solution.

Talliesin wrote: »
    The sole reason for using coloured text is to make your posts harder to read because you have nothing to say but enjoy irritating people. Anyone using them can be safely ignored.

Black though could be chosen accidentally.

Just getting rid of it entirely would be the easiest solution.
    Getting rid of black only or colour posting as a whole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Look how irritating it is!

Do away with it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

In my experience people posting in black are not doing so on purpose. It seems to happen when cutting and pasting from other forums/sites. I've unwittingly done it myself and only knew I had done so when it was pointed out to me by another poster. It seemed perfect in the style that I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ignoring it isn't an option when you mod the forum ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

We all live in a yellow submarine

The traffic lights were red

the sky is blue

The grass is green

I never even noticed it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Moriarty wrote: »
    Ignoring it isn't an option when you mod the forum ;_;
    There's always [ctrl] + a as a quick solution to read it.
    Hagar wrote: »
    In my experience people posting in black are not doing so on purpose. It seems to happen when cutting and pasting from other forums/sites. I've unwittingly done it myself and only knew I had done so when it was pointed out to me by another poster. It seemed perfect in the style that I use.
    I remember giving out to a poster for changing the colour and they had no idea what I was on about. A lot of it is copy & paste like you say. Sometimes it's on purpose. Where's that girl that was posting all her posts in pink? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

rb_ie wrote: »
    Getting rid of black only or colour posting as a whole?
    All of it.

Getting rid of just black would stop the accidental use, but since there's no point in deliberate use except as a way to be a spanner, why leave it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

yeah i suppose it would be a good idea only for the very bright colours as they must be (colour blindness)members on this site,im one for starters,now way i can see bright yellow!

Talliesin wrote: »
    All of it.

Getting rid of just black would stop the accidental use, but since there's no point in deliberate use except as a way to be a spanner, why leave it in?
    It would cause some problems though.

For instance, the poker forum Hand History&Theory subforum is filled with threads with poker hand histories. These are converted from raw output from poker clients, and the converters always use certain formatting such as using bold & black to highlight certain parts of the output.

I'd say if possible just remove it from whatever fora don't need it, though some will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Look how irritating it is!

Do away with it tbh.
    i cant read that yellow karl!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

+1 for disabling text colouration. It's needless.

The black problem I'm guessing comes from the enhanced editor which doesn't show you the markup - it tries to present your post in a WYSIWYG format, so people don't know if/when the editor adds in [noparse][color][/color][/noparse] tags.

Advertisement