Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Watchers Points Kitchen Scales

• 05-04-2008 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used this? I need a kitchen scales and thought I may as well kill two birds and all that, but wanted to find out if it's any good for day to day stuff as well as WW.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the scales, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Don't know about those scales, but Lidl and Aldi often have very good kitchen scales that measure to 1g, and which you can zero to allow you to weigh the stuff you take out of containers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Does it measure the points in an amount of food, as well as it's weight ??? :eek: If so, that's kinda cool, and I want one !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Does it measure the points in an amount of food, as well as it's weight ??? :eek: If so, that's kinda cool, and I want one !!! :D

If you go to the uk ww site you can look at the user manual. It looks like you can call up a list of pre-programmed items, like dried pasta and it'll tell you what points are in the amount you put on the scale. It *looks* good but I was hoping someone here may have used one, you know how these things can sound good in theory but actually turn out to be crap. It's not cheap hence my reluctance to splash out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Suzywuzy wrote: »

I had a look at the scales at a meeting. They're €60 :eek: I think I'll buy a normal scales and calculate the points separately!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

I use them and find them very handy. In addition to the stored list of food, you can input the nutritional values and weigh & point. Great when you want to be precise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

datk wrote: »
    I had a look at the scales at a meeting. They're €60 :eek: I think I'll buy a normal scales and calculate the points separately!!
    If you are doing just basic calorie counting you can get a cheaper similar scale, giving readouts in calories rather than points, some give the breakdown of protein/carbs/fat too.

Advertisement