Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain biking in Longford/Westmeath

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone knows of a mountain biking club/group in the Longford/Westmeath area? I used to do a bit of mountain biking in Kerry a few years ago with a couple of friends but I haven't done any cycling lately and am hoping to get back into it for the summer months which is why I am looking for a club/group. Failing that is there anyone in the area who would be interested in joining up to go cycling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Brid2000

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

there are road cycling clubs in the area, i dont know about any mountain bike clubs, lack of mountains is the key factor

Ok, thanks, Btw do you know the names of any of the road cycling clubs/where I would find contacts for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Thanks. Don't suppose there is a club in Athlone? It's just that that is where I'm living. Mullingar would be about an hours drive from where I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Brid2000 wrote: »
    Thanks. Don't suppose there is a club in Athlone? It's just that that is where I'm living. Mullingar would be about an hours drive from where I am.

Shannoside cycling club is in athlone, PM if you want to meet up for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

there were a few lakeside wheelers at the k capital cup (mtb race) last sunday. even if you are not going to ride with them i reckon it would be worth contacting them, they would surely point you in the right direction...

Advertisement