Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please!

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

8 weeks or so away and I need 350 points and haven't done anything yet! I can't motivate myself to study and when I eventually do I get nothing done! Any study tips?. I would realy appreciate if anyone could share their views on what are the most important topics/quesstions etc to study in the following subjectsChemistry(H)
    Physics(H)
    English(H)
    French(H)
    Biology(H)
    I rish(O)
    Maths(H)
    Thanks all help appreciated!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

what did you get in your mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Supervised study helps a lot. You can't not work when you're there. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

8 weeks or so away and I need 350 points and haven't done anything yet! I can't motivate myself to study and when I eventually do I get nothing done! Any study tips?. I would realy appreciate if anyone could share their views on what are the most important topics/quesstions etc to study in the following subjectsChemistry(H)
    Physics(H)
    English(H)
    French(H)
    Biology(H)
    I rish(O)
    Maths(H)
    Thanks all help appreciated!:confused:

Do more ordinary level subjects. Be more realistic if you desire in doing well at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Brooke01 wrote: »
    Do more ordinary level subjects. Be more realistic if you desire in doing well at all.

Just do the exam papers. Its better than the notes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

I'm in the same boat. Haven't started doing much work or preperation as of yet.

I'm doing,

- Business (H)
    - German (H)
    - Construction (H)
    - Music (H)
    - English (H)
    - Irish (O)
    - Maths (O)
    - LCVP (common)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 peterhen3

i done my leaving cert about 3 years ago and all i will say is exam papers, exam papers exam papers!!!!

i basically read through the notes a few times to get familiar with them and then started on answering the exam papers... because i read through the notes a few times i kinda knew where everything was in the notes so it kinda sped up the process.

the leaving cert is grand once you actually make a effort. i 2 couldnt motivate myself to study but one day when i was working in my part time job it kinda hit me, i could end up in a dead end job like it for the rest of my life... you have the chance to get a great standard of living and more importantly go to college!!!

college is the best!!!!! i dont wanna leave at all, i have made some great friends there and it has been a blast from day one. also u have the opportunity, as an irish student to do a j1 work visa, i myself went to san diego california for 3 months and spent a week in vegas and drove on route 66 etc etc im only 20 but i have gotten so much from college already. its well worth putting in the effort...

all this is open to you if you just put in a little work. the hardest part is starting but once you have its easy to keep going :) i ended getting over 100 points more than what i needed and was very happy.

so again, just keep reading over them and also be organised. thats the key, our minds love structure so just organise your day with what your going to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jager-bomber

In my pre's i got
    Chemistry 32%
    Physics 23%
    French 64%(amazingly)
    Biology 38%
    failed higher maths and just took up ordinary
    Irish(o) 66%
    English- Our correctors car got robbed with our papers and now I don't know where I stand in English. I know f*** all about the themes/issues in Othello death and nightingales and strictly ballroom!
    BOLLOXED! HELP!

Advertisement