Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop - PSP Issue.

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Recently my psp slim went faulty. I have all reciepts ,packaging etc for the console. I bought it in lat September. I went back to Gamestop in my town with it and they offered me a refurb model for it and told me id have to wait. Am I not entitled to recieve a new model ?

Thanks,
    Barry.

EDIT: According to NCI , im entitled to a repair,repalcement or a refund.

"I bought an MP3 player four months ago and now it doesn't work. But the people in the shop where I bought it say I have to go to the manufacturer."

If the goods you bought are faulty, you have the right to return them to the shop and seek a replacement, a repair or a refund. The consumer's contract is always with the seller of the goods. In the example of the faulty MP3 player, you didn't pay the manufacturer - you paid the shop. So your contract is with the shop, and it's up to them - not the manufacturer - to sort out your problem.

I think im in the same boat, Is it upto the consumer to choose the repair ,replacement or refund ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not your choice. It's up to the retailer. If you are not happy with a refurb, demand they get it repaired, and get them to agree (preferably in writing) to a maximum length of time. After this time has expired, and if the repair isn't back, demand a new one as repairs have to be done within a reasonable time (normally 10 to 14 working days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Huh... I thought it was the consumer's choice, Are you sure on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Huh... I thought it was the consumer's choice, Are you sure on that ?

If it was the consumers choice there would be no need for the repair option, everyone would just get a new one or a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you have had it for 6months and the store will decide whether to repair replace or refund but you should not have to accept a refurbished model which you may not have any faith in as you do not know how it has been previously used abused etc.

as said you should ask for a repair and get a timeframe agreed with the store for the return of the product to you and see what happens with that before you worry about other courses of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Just my opinion, but why go for a repair when you can get a refurbished one there and then?

The shop will send your PSP of for repair and the faulty parts will be replaced, so effectively what you get get back will be pretty much a refurbished unit anyway only you'll have to wait two or three weeks to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Thanks for all the feedback guys, But it doesent matter now :D

Went to gamestop in galway, Just told them it was broken and gave them the reciept. They gave me back a brand new psp and a fresh reciept, to say I purchased a new psp, So I have a new 1years warranty ! Woo-Hoo :cool:

Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Gillo wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but why go for a repair when you can get a refurbished one there and then?

The shop will send your PSP of for repair and the faulty parts will be replaced, so effectively what you get get back will be pretty much a refurbished unit anyway only you'll have to wait two or three weeks to get it?
    i wouldn't want any game console or other product that someone else has been using, sweating, coughing, sneezing and god knows what else over while they have owned it,

i know the inards would be practically new but the outer shell would not in my opinion be clean enough to give to anyone else.

anyway glad you had such a good hassle free outcome op and well done to gamestop galway for their after sales care

Advertisement