Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city/town forum

Options
  • 05-04-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

is it worth while or any justification having a town or city forum, ie, for sligo town or letterkenny, to discuss stuff specfic to that area and not the county, noticed browsing around some of the other regions some counties had a city forum, as well as the county ones

or our county towns large enough for one

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Personally, I don't think the forums are busy enough to warrant seperate forums for the big towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Not quite yet but I reckon it will happen at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The dividing of the North West forum into individual county sub forums last year has damn near brought the NW forum to its knees. Take the Sligo forum for example - if that were divided again into a Sligo Town & Sligo Rural or county then one or the other will suffer.

If traffic improves then we will of course look at the situation again but for the time being we will leave things as they are.

Thanks for the suggestion and as I said we will keep an eye on it.

Advertisement