Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trigun: Anime or Manga?

Options
  • 05-04-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

this post is directed at people who have seen trigun or have read..

well im a long reader of Trigun Manga and have just seen the anime. but in comparsion to the manga i have to say the anime Blatenly sucks.
    and here is my reasons:
    1.The storyline is etchy and has giant holes in it. nothing was explained, nothing was anwsered, it seemed that each episode was run on and run off, barely connecting..
    2.no blood,no sexual refrences, no gore.. of course anime doesnt need to be good if it has violence but if you compare to the manga, it all seems to nice and PG.
    3.many of the important charactors are missing, eg Gun-ho guns
    4.Millions knives name was given since in the manga his weapon was giant angelic blades but in this he just had another gun. pointless.
    5. the end.. dont even get me started on the end. vash defeats knives by shooting him. big woot.

this is open for discussion. feel free to express your thoughts (not that your not going to anyway.. :p)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Certain concepts such as this always seem better in manga form. Kinda like the old stoy of the book always being better than the film really. Battle royale manga is so much better than the movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I think the music was a bit better in the anime ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hadesdominion

haha.. i think the music was better in the manga actually :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ar3d

Its a manga which was originally written by Yasuhiro Nightow and it was adaptated into anime on 1998. It was very nice anime series to watch and the character has a very unique characteristic which you will enjoy watching the this man, named Vash the Stampede.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

the only problem that i had with the anime was that it stretched a fairly short manga out over 26 eps. if it had been more condensed then it probably would have packed a better punch.
    the anime was fairly good but i'll always prefer the manga.

• Advertisement
Advertisement