Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Bib Tights without Chamois

Options
  • 05-04-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Got a pair of bib tights on ebay for my first winter's cycling which have been great. Just a question about wearing padded shorts with them - should the shorts be worn under or over them or does it make a difference?

I've tried both ways but there doesn't seem to be too much in the difference comfort-wise, so I'm not sure.

Also, would I be better served buying padded tights in future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

if you put the shorts under the tights you don't have to wash the tights every day, just the shorts. unless of course you are doing more distance than a commute and get the tights dirty/wet/sweaty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

under.

Chamois designed to be worn against your delicate bits. Anti bacterial, lower chafing,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Shorts should always be worn underneath because that's what they were designed to do and good shorts have antibacterial properties which won't work if there's a pair of tights in the way.

As for washing personally i was everything after every spin, less chance of infections and well it's basic hygiene, then again that's just me !

Advertisement