Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing vista with xp

• 05-04-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey, i have bought a laptop which had a trial version of vista on it and i want to replace it with xp,
    When i try to install xp it tells me i have a newer version of windows and will not let me go any further.
    I am a novice at this stuff so if someone could tell me how to remove vista and load xp on it would be great.
    I dont want both os running so i dont want to put a partition in,
    Thanks in advance .
    PLEASE NOTE I AM A NOVICE AND REALLY HAVE NO IDEA!

Banditconfused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Do you have a licence for xp or downgrade option?

Thread similar to yours here. Could be helpful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

:rolleyes: oh yeah 30 day trial for which no license is needed.

Older versions of windows won't go over new ones

Basically wipe and reinstall
    Boot from the XP CD and there should be an option there to format the drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/backs slowly out of thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

all done with help from all you guys , i posted the same in building/upgradeing.
    and got all the help there.
    Captin your on the money ! spot on i got good ifo from another user but basically the same.
    Cheers lads.
    Bandit

Advertisement