Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing break lights in Avensis possible?

Options
  • 05-04-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Is it possible to change the rear break lights in a 02 Toyota Avensis myself or will i need to take it somewhere?

Would much prefer to learn to do these things myself! Anybody able to advise?

Thanks guys!
    -Woody

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Personaly not done it, but I brought it into a car shop and they just opened the boot where the is a small little hatch that goes into the back light. He took out the panel with the bulbs and replace it. Seemed simple enough. (03 Avensis)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Would you call an electrician to change a light bulb in your house?

Have a go, it's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's pretty simple stuff. On the inside of the boot behind the light there is a panel you remove that allows you to get at the bulbs. Cannot remember though if the rear light and rear brake light are seperate bulbs. You'll know anyway when you open up the panel.

Changing a rear light bulb is alot easier to do these days than one of the front lights on most cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As stated before - it's quite simple. If you have the owners manual, it will explain the procedure fully.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The front ones were pretty bitchy to change alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement