Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yoga/meditation club [lc]

Options
  • 05-04-2008 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

is there such a club/society in UCD? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

NO club but there are classes in the gym.

There so should be though. It could be like a joint pilates-yoga club.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Definitely the Trinity yoga club gets the owner of Yoga Dublin to teach them for €4 a class!! We should have something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pmonneo

Yup... theres yoga and pilates... and i think they do circuits...
    I do the pilates though..... helps my bad back... pretty good class..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

The pilates and yoga classses in the ucd gym aren't great better to go to a proper class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The Yoga classes in the gym seem pretty expensive. It would be a club I'd be interested i joining though.
    Where are there decent yoga classes in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

i suggest ringing andy black, he knows some good monastries where they meditate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

The pilates and yoga classses in the ucd gym aren't great better to go to a proper class.
    Have you been to one of the Wednesday classes with Gosia, the new instructor? I've only ever been to classes in UCD but her classes are pretty strenuous and she seems like a good instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pmonneo

Yea have to say i love the yoga/pilates fusion class... great for strengthing the core...!!
    I hope they run summer classes too... is the wednesday class a drop in class... I've heard she is good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

All of the clubs in UCD are started by regular students. If you'd like to start a yoga/pilates club hed up to the sports office and do that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hoodihiglogs

Tan Princess, I don't agree, I think the classes in UCD are great. I attend both yoga and pilates there.

I go to Luna on a Tuesday 6pm. I also attend her class in Yoga Dublin Studio in Ranelagh, same class, but in UCD it's almost half the price :).

I know the UCD pilates teachers also teach in Centre Studios in Rathmines, which I've heard is the leading school in Pilates in Dublin.

Pmonneo, I'm gonna try that lunchtime yoga/pilates fusion too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

pmonneo wrote: »
    ... is the wednesday class a drop in class...
    Pre-registered I'm afraid. The last class is on the 28th of May. If there is another set after that you could sign up for those.

Update: I saw a notice in the sports centre today. It said that there is space left in all the classes and you can sign up at the desk.

Advertisement