Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you remember?

• 05-04-2008 7:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever recall the "Truth Newspaper Waterford" (1987)? Never heard of it until the other day when I was given a page of the book. Iv scanned in the page for people to take a look at!

I came across other not so old stuff like the "Tramore Strand" thing that used to circulate the town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

sully i rememberd it too.

also there were 2 other papers around that time.

these were the Bull Post Paper and the Waterford Post owned by Kavanaghs father.

The Waterford Post went into Liquadition as Ray McSharry former Minister for Finance brough a claim against them.

Hope this was some help to you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I dont recall the paper attached (to young :p) but I remember the Tramore Strand as it was around when I was younger and I used to do a few pieces. I miss it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

there used to be one called the waterford ad as well . i think thats where waterford today started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I dont remember the newspaper but the editor was fairly well known at the time what with writing into newspapers and all that , I see he thanks those who voted for him in the recent general election but if my memory serves me correctly he stood in the local elections around the same time and got 2 votes !
    I think the same man might now be deceased

Advertisement