Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf called me fat...

• 05-04-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Boyfriend called me "fat" and said my weight was getting out of control... so i better start with something... no scales in the house but im a size 10 on top and 12 on bottom... but gotta start working out and eating healthy... any suggestions on a diet plan?? :S this is what i have been at for the last few mornings with a few different changes here and there!!

breakfast: special k with low fat milk and herbal tea

lunch: roll/ 2 slices of whole grain bread with salad and sometimes a bit of ham/ salmon/ light cheese

dinner: varies... but have little say in it as i am in digs!

snacks: fruit... low fat crackers... and somedays a stick of a kit kat...
    Have been like this last few days....

exercise includes.... emm pilate style exercises half an hour in morning and half an hour at night, and an hour jog/brisk walk in the afternoon but not most nights!

been drinking a lot of water...

my weakness is totally lunch time and school... caffeine is a major additction! any tips would be really helpful!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

missingyou wrote: »
    Boyfriend called me "fat" and said my weight was getting out of control... so i better start with something... no scales in the house but im a size 10 on top and 12 on bottom... but gotta start working out and eating healthy... any suggestions on a diet plan?? :S this is what i have been at for the last few mornings with a few different changes here and there!!

lunch: roll/ 2 slices of whole grain bread with salad and sometimes a bit of ham/ salmon/ light cheese

exercise includes.... emm pilate style exercises half an hour in morning and half an hour at night, and an hour jog/brisk walk in the afternoon but not most nights!

my weakness is totally lunch time and school... caffeine is a major additction! any tips would be really helpful!!

Tell your "boyfriend" to f**k off for a start. He should love you the way you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

lol he does i know he does... but i guess he is worried about my health and how i look he knows im insecure about these things, like how i look and all! and he is trying to give me the kick up the bum! i dont want to get rid of my bf and we have been fighting but i love him loads.... and dont want rid of him! i really just want to get my selfesteem up!!

lol he does i know he does... but i guess he is worried about my health and how i look he knows im insecure about these things, like how i look and all! and he is trying to give me the kick up the bum! i dont want to get rid of my bf and we have been fighting but i love him loads.... and dont want rid of him! i really just want to get my selfesteem up!!

If he does love you, why did he call you fat?? He should've used a better phrase.......??

IMO, I think the only excess weight you have is him!!!!!????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I think you should shove the scales up his ****

naw he didnt say fat thats me jumping to pure conclusions about wat he said... what he did say was "your weight has been getting out of control" and that "i have gained weight since ive been with him" but talking to my friends they say that they dont think i have put on weight and some even thin i have lost some, i duno to be honest but i know he wouldnt lie to me about a thing like that. he really does care about me i know he does by things he has done in the past but like i just need to get sorted out!

• Advertisement

naw he didnt say fat thats me jumping to pure conclusions about wat he said... what he did say was "your weight has been getting out of control" and that "i have gained weight since ive been with him" but talking to my friends they say that they dont think i have put on weight and some even thin i have lost some, i duno to be honest but i know he wouldnt lie to me about a thing like that. he really does care about me i know he does by things he has done in the past but like i just need to get sorted out!

Seriously, tell him to f**k off, and find someone who will take you for what you are.......

Good luck.

naw here guys i would never leave him, i love him too much he loves me too i know it! i only put up this thread to get advice about losing weight and why i need to so fast! lol but seriously he did sa it in a kinda tactful way and i want to lose weight for me and not for him!

naw here guys i would never leave him, i love him too much he loves me too i know it! i only put up this thread to get advice about losing weight and why i need to so fast! lol but seriously he did sa it in a kinda tactful way and i want to lose weight for me and not for him!

Are you sure you're doing it for you?? Sounds like he's pushed you into this.....? Maybe he has issues?? Maybe his "friends" are slagging him about being with someone who isn't "normal"? You have to find out WHY he said it in the first place.

Sounds corny, but if he doesn't love you the way you are, kick him to the kerb.

This is coming from a bloke, btw.

naw i know he loves me the way i am, its just he saw how upset i was talking aboiut my weight a while ago and i think he wanted to help me! i have no will power and i think he just wanted me to see that, i did go on a diet before and i totally cave after 2 weeks! naw i know he loves me for who i am we have had a hard past together and like he wouldnt be with me now if he didnt care and love me! i honestly dont think that he wanted me to feel bad but it just made me feel that way! I have wanted to lose weight a long time before he said it and i know he did really find it hard telling me... but i really have wanted to lose weight for myself well before we got together! thats why i want to lose it! for me and not for him... he just gave me the push... thanks for your concern and advice though it really is appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Your boyfriend sounds like a complete f**ker and a control-freak.

If you are a size 10 on top and 12 on the bottom I don't understand how your weight can be "getting out of control" (and believe me, that is *not* the phrase a loving and supportive boyfriend uses!) unless you're either 5 foot nothing and/or were underweight when you met him.

Sure, fine, get more exercise (though seriously an hour of pilates a day is probably enough, with a half-hour walk or run 3 times a week, just for normal health and fitness) but tell him where to shove his arrogant, controlling attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Jesus so many people thinking he's the bad guy here.

Maybe he just see's his lovely girlfriend starting to turn a little tubby and feels they have a strong enough relationship that he can tell her so, better he says it now before she's size 16 and wonders why he doesnt find her sexy anymore?

The OP seems to be happy with him so lets just answer the question she is asking instead of reading stuff into it thats not there.

My advice - ditch the Special K crap and the bread at lunch and snack on fruit, nuts etc but not crackers which are fattening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

lol thank you, thas the kinda advice i wanted! so you are saying for breakfast and lunch i should be having fruit and nuts??

microgirl wrote: »
    Your boyfriend sounds like a complete f**ker and a control-freak.

If you are a size 10 on top and 12 on the bottom I don't understand how your weight can be "getting out of control" (and believe me, that is *not* the phrase a loving and supportive boyfriend uses!) unless you're either 5 foot nothing and/or were underweight when you met him.

Sure, fine, get more exercise (though seriously an hour of pilates a day is probably enough, with a half-hour walk or run 3 times a week, just for normal health and fitness) but tell him where to shove his arrogant, controlling attitude.

+1.

Longfield wrote: »
    Jesus so many people thinking he's the bad guy here.

Maybe he just see's his lovely girlfriend starting to turn a little tubby and feels they have a strong enough relationship that he can tell her so, better he says it now before she's size 16 and wonders why he doesnt find her sexy anymore?

The OP seems to be happy with him so lets just answer the question she is asking instead of reading stuff into it thats not there.

My advice - ditch the Special K crap and the bread at lunch and snack on fruit, nuts etc but not crackers which are fattening.

I agree with the OP changing her diet, but I also think the bf needs to be dumped.

lol thank you, thas the kinda advice i wanted! so you are saying for breakfast and lunch i should be having fruit and nuts??

Kelkin Hi8 Muesli is tasty and healthy, I'd strongly recommend it.
    Porridge is very healthy too, personally I don't like the taste but each to their own.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

in fairness im with the boyfreind on this one...a relationship starts with some physical attraction and the attraction should always remain throughout the relationship...the last thing you want is for him/her to fall out of attraction because their partner got complacent and piled on the weight.

anyone who says they should love you for who you are not what you are is talking complete bollox! if the boyfriend/girlfriend cant talk about stuff like this, well then there is something wrong. ok it may be only a little bit of weight now...but it could lead to shrek size proportions...we all know what irish women are like once they hit 30!

naw i really dont think i should dump him, he really was trying his best! hes bad with words sometimes and i know it... we really are perfect for each other and he does support me... he does care a lot! for example, he is in uni in belfast and he got his chosen degree course, i got a course there in history which was relly my second choice my other option was to go to dublin to repeat my leaving cert so that i could do law, he wouldnt even hear of me going to belfast with him cause he knew i would be settling. now we have a long distance relationship cause of me. i love him truly and he loves me, i have noticed me put on weight especially around my tummy and i think he sees that i am sad about it!

I agree with the OP changing her diet, but I also think the bf needs to be dumped.
    Why?

If they are close, whats wrong with him saying she's putting on a few pounds?, better now than when if she becomes a tubby an he just is turned off her and they start having fights over stupid stuff because he finds her repulsive?

I think I'd much rather be told i was getting tubby early rather than late especially as i dont like being a tubby!

Why?

If they are close, whats wrong with him saying she's putting on a few pounds?, better now than when if she becomes a tubby an he just is turned off her and they start having fights over stupid stuff because he finds her repulsive?

I think I'd much rather be told i was getting tubby early rather than late especially as i dont like being a tubby!

+1 finally someone with abit of sense!!!

jon1981 wrote: »
    anyone who says they should love you for who you are not what you are is talking complete bollox!

Bookmark this post and check back in a decade when you've finally been laid.

• Advertisement

some people just dont like the truth...

Why?

The point is that other people don't think she has put on weight, in fact some think she has lost it.
    Nobody is tubby at a size 10.
    It smacks of a control issue.

The bf could've/should've used better words to get his point across, rather than coming out and calling her "fat".

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The point is that other people don't think she has put on weight, in fact some think she has lost it.
    It smacks of a control issue.

no it doesnt!!! how is it control. hes just pointing out a fact

The bf could've/should've used better words to get his point across, rather than coming out and calling her "fat".

the OP already stated he did not use the fat word

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It smacks of a control issue.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If she wants to lose weight - and by the sounds of it, she doesn't seem to need to - she should be doing it for herself.

Honestly, this guy sounds like a control freak, and needs to be dumped. Maybe he is the one with issues........?

I think the bf DID call her fat??

i already explained that he did not call me fat and that that was my overreaction to the whole situation. he told me i have been putting on weight... and honestly i have been increasing in size.... my tummy is huge!! even if i am a size 10 on top!!

i already explained that he did not call me fat and that that was my overreaction to the whole situation. he told me i have been putting on weight... and honestly i have been increasing in size.... my tummy is huge!! even if i am a size 10 on top!!

I'm confused??? You said in your OP that he DID call you fat!?

• Advertisement

"fat" as in i meant that that was what he implied.... sorry about the confusion but what he did say was that he thought i have been putting on weight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement