Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My lyrics are b etter!

Options
  • 05-04-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I've just realised that for the past 15 years or so, I've been singing the wrong words to "Mersey Paradise" by The Stone Roses.

The words go "River cools where I belong in my Mersey paradise, but I was singing "Liverpool's where I belong" which, in my opinion, are far superior lyrics ;)

In fact, I may write to Ian Brown and suggests he change them.

Any funny examples of missheard lyrics where yours are better?! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

IanCurtis wrote: »
    I've just realised that for the past 15 years or so, I've been singing the wrong words to "Mersey Paradise" by The Stone Roses.

The words go "River cools where I belong in my Mersey paradise, but I was singing "Liverpool's where I belong" which, in my opinion, are far superior lyrics ;)

I thought the same!

Also, in Jeff Buckley's song 'Lover you should've come over' he says:

'Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no one...'

I thought it went:

'Sometimes a man must awake to find the billy, who has no one...'

LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The Smiths', The Queen is Dead

I heard

"But when you're tied to your mother's apron, no one talks about castration"

as

"But when you're tied to your mother's apron, no one talks about the strings"

Mine makes more sense. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JeanH

"Having so much fun with the poisonous people" on Bowie's 'Candidate' from the Diamond Dogs album. I always heard "having so much fun with the boys in the speedboat" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Not a funny example but an example none the less.

Pixies "Velouria" Lyric is "take my hand we'll trampoline" i always though it was "take my hand your trembling"

Thought of another one when i was about 10 maybe i thought the Bee Gees "You win again" was "You Finnegan" and i used to go around singing that.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

'High above the mountain tops'

Didn't confuse it with 'chimney tops' just thought minde was better! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Nick Cave, "Are you the one that I've been waiting for"
    'Ive sat and I've watched an ice age thaw'

I heard:

"I've sat and I've watched and asked each whore"

I think my line is actually more Cave-esque!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

IanCurtis wrote: »

And he might give you a slap seeing as he's a Manc! I doubt he feels he belongs in Liverpool!

Advertisement