Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car vans

Options
  • 05-04-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

So my brother bought a van the last day.... and he has never had one... whats the story with the van test? i looked it up in google but only garages offering tests... no rules or what is involved...

the van is a peugeot partner.. and the throttle pedal is very stiff.. any way of losening it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

throttle cable could be gone a bit tight in its sleeve. try wd40 at the end of the sleeve or new cable.
    Van test is required every year. Lots of garages offer this test(Not tied to one company like the NCT for cars). Im sure the test is something similar to nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

anto-t wrote: »
    So my brother bought a van the last day.... and he has never had one... whats the story with the van test? i looked it up in google but only garages offering tests... no rules or what is involved...

the van is a peugeot partner.. and the throttle pedal is very stiff.. any way of losening it?

he needs to get a DOE thinks its approx 100 for the test, and its quiet similar to the nct, google doe test centres for your area and you'll find them, it must have no seats in the back though or they won't do it, a mate of mine has a combo and it passed easily enough, it's not as strict as the NCT i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Yeh its a DOE alright, its NOWHERE near as strict as the NCT, my jeep has passed it 3 times with a broken headlight and black smoke pumping from the exhaust! Its run by private garages, the test itself costs about €100 or so then you have to pay the council €15 (another scam) for a "certificate of road worthiness", because the DOE test cert isnt official.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

sounds good so :) he has to do a few things to it... one of the back light lens is gone.. a front light but thats about it....

also how much would a set of back doors in a scrap yard be worth?? yip he bought it with a huge dent and broken handle on the back doors.... still cheep tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 John7610

Hi,
    My van also has a very stiff clutch pedal, I would br interested in knowing how you fixed yours, was it a new cable or a new clutch?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement