Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Home Improvement Show

Options
  • 05-04-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

This is on this weekend in the Clarion. I just wondered if anyone went?
    If so how much is it to get in?
    Loads of adverts in the papers for it, but not one mention of the price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Been wondering too, there's not even a mention about it on Clarion's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Even Google doesn't know! A triumph of advertising... :rolleyes:

If I was paying to have a stand there I wouldn't be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I didn't even know it was on.

Then again I made a point of buying none of the local papers this week...

Xiney wrote: »
    I didn't even know it was on.

Then again I made a point of buying none of the local papers this week...

Thats a shame Xiney.... they has a MASSIVE stand selling DVD shelves for 3c each...

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

:D

Honestly though, you'd think they'd have advertised it for two weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I can't see the point of advertising it when they don't say how much it is to get in.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Normally these shows are free, the exhibitors pay.

It appears to me that the Sligo hotels are not great in marketing these shows or fairs/exhibitions.

I'd only be too willing to exhibit at these shows, but from past experience, it's been a case of me paying the hotel, and they put the money into their bank account.

They don't recipricate the transaction by advertising their shows to the public, and hence there is normally a poor turn out.

What makes me think it isn't free is that the advert mentioned free passes available at the hotel for Friday evening only.

We went to one years ago at the Mercy College and it was about £4 each to get in which I think was a rip off as its just stalls from various shops around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Was at it earlier and it was €7 admission. Rip-off , they should be free to get into IMO. Got a couple of ideas and numbers for potential contacts when buiilding but nothing I couldn't have sourced on the net.

I'm glad I didn't go now, 7 euro thats mad

• Advertisement

Someones making some nice money out of that. The exhibitors pay for a stand and the customer pays for entry. Rip off.

Advertisement