Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live problem

• 05-04-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

When I try to sign in to xbox live it doesnt work and when i test connection, the xbox live part Fails.
    I dont know why because i have a years subscription that started in october of last year.Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Could be live down again. They were having problems earlier today. The problem was caused by COD4 map downloads earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Is this just a new problem or has it been happening since you signed up?

You should really get your NAT open as this helps a lot: Guide here -->
    Choose your router on page 1 then pick xbox live 360 on the next page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paulfarnsworth

what if mine isnt on that list? and its been happening the past few weeks just.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Mines is on the list but the guide doesn't seem to fix the problem?
    My Router is a ZyXEL Prestige 600 Series, and my NAT is still strict, can anybody help please :)?

what if mine isnt on that list? and its been happening the past few weeks just.

Tell me what you router model and make is ad i'll find out how for ya.
    Smegball wrote: »
    Mines is on the list but the guide doesn't seem to fix the problem?
    My Router is a ZyXEL Prestige 600 Series, and my NAT is still strict, can anybody help please :)?

Try changing your firewall setting down a single grade. (High --> Medium - for example). If this doesn't work go one down again and see what happens. You shouldn't have to put it to off.

• Advertisement

its netopia 3347wg

If it's either a green square cornered box with a single stalj on, or the newer silver rounded model with 2 stalks on it then yours is a 3347NWG.

In any case that is irrelevant as this guide will work for your router 100% guaranteed.

NAT GUIDE Netopia 3347 NWG - Eircom

Try that and let us know how ya get on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I'm getting disconnected from Live! the last couple of days too, never had this kind of problem before, have been on Live! since it was released here, and still pretty much same hardware, nothing new added in a long time, on NTL BB in Tallaght.

Anyone else having the same issues?

i tried that but still nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

i tried that but still nothing

Is your firewall set to low?

• Advertisement

i dunno how do i set it to low?

Type http://192.168.1.254/ into your browser.

Then in the top left you should see "Firewall" as the second option.

When you click firewall you should see 4 options.

Click the green dot into "Low" and hit save changes at the bottom.

Turn off your xbox 360 and turn it back on and try connect.

:D i love you!! xbox live again! thanks man:rolleyes:

Good to hear it man. :D

If you ever reset your router or anything just follow the instructions again. Or a pm always works.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ChaosResolution

Wow. The over-complicated stuff I was going through to get my new Netopia 2247-02 working and I just tried turning that setting to low....

Thanks. :)

WIN for Simplicity! :D

Advertisement