Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April fools threads are being dumped on other forums

Options
  • 05-04-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

April fools threads are being dumped on other forums. Does anybody else find that this is spoiling the boards experience.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That party was on Tuesday. You're a bit late...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

If this has been discussed already I appologise, I havn't seen it. I've come across a couple of threads that were started as april fools threads that have been moved out of the forums they were started in. The latest of these is the necrophilia thread in the cuckoos nest. This thread started here and should have died here.
    3 threads were moved to home appliances I think from the ladies lounge These were my original gripe, however since starting this reply i've found that these are not accessible, so I guess these will die a natural death.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm guessing this thread may end up in the nest too, for teh irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

blindman wrote: »
    3 threads were moved to home appliances I think from the ladies lounge These were my original gripe, however since starting this reply i've found that these are not accessible, so I guess these will die a natural death.
    They all will, tbh.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    I'm guessing this thread may end up in the nest too, for teh irony.
    Not taking that bet, Rig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

blindman wrote: »
    If this has been discussed already I appologise, I havn't seen it. I've come across a couple of threads that were started as april fools threads that have been moved out of the forums they were started in. The latest of these is the necrophilia thread in the cuckoos nest. This thread started here and should have died here.

The Ladies Lounge was renamed to Home Appliances for April 1st, so nothing was moved at all there.

The reason the Cuckoos Nest exists is for pointless, frivolous, silly threads. I don't see how you could complain about a pointless, frivolous, silly thread being moved there.

Steven wrote: »
    The Ladies Lounge was renamed to Home Appliances for April 1st, so nothing was moved at all there.
    The OP is right, the threads were moved from TLL[renamed Home Appliances at the time] to the real Home Appliances forum not long after they were created. They've since been moved on from Home Appliances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sherifu wrote: »
    The OP is right, the threads were moved from TLL[renamed Home Appliances at the time] to the real Home Appliances forum not long after they were created. They've since been moved on from Home Appliances.
    Because the mods of TLL have no sense of humour?

rb_ie wrote: »
    I gave my view at the time. :)

Sherifu wrote: »
    I gave my view at the time. :)
    It was probably that time of the month for them, silly, silly women :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I recall you getting a little ratty on April Fools Day :rolleyes:

6th wrote: »
    I recall you getting a little ratty on April Fools Day :rolleyes:
    Damn right I did!

That was a horrific day on Boards, not solely because of my "very funny" ban from AH, the whole April Fools thing was beyond annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

k9chcp0qmintaq1we4.jpg

e4h4wsxtyl0ly4u8ypay.gif

Damn right I did!

That was a horrific day on Boards, not solely because of my "very funny" ban from AH, the whole April Fools thing was beyond annoying.

Coz not logging in isn't an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's the aftermath of being banned from a forum that is the problem. When the ban is lifted there is an entry in the access table that says "UsenameX - access allowed". From that day forth it will appear as a private forum when you use the "Private Forum" filter on the front page. The number of threads in AH will swamp the 20/30 threads allowed on the page making the filter useless. Anyone who has access to soccer will be all to aware of this feature. When there is a big match on, that filter becomes useless due to the volume of soccer threads.

Aw poor didums :)

Advertisement