Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd calculation

Options
  • 06-04-2008 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi, i just started betting on paddy power but unsure how some odds work out!
    Im betting on foofball but the odds are 4-9. I want to bet 10euros. the return on the calculater says my return will be 14.44. Now does that include my 10euros? or is that extra to my 10 euros so ill be getting 24.44 back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That's including your return. Basically divide by the second figure and multiply by the first for your profit and add your stake for your return

eg Bet a tenner on a 5/2 shot

10 divided by 2 is a fiver multiplied by 5 is 25 profit plus your tenner back is a€35 return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Collie D wrote: »
    eg Bet a tenner on a 5/2 shot

10 divided by 2 is a fiver multiplied by 5 is 25 profit plus your tenner back is a€35 return

Don't confuse the man, just tell him to get the basic factor, 5/2 is 2.5

Then add 1 for his stake (so 3.5) ten multiply by what he has put on.

i.e. 10 by 3.5 is €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Healio wrote: »
    Don't confuse the man

Lol, Collie D's answer was much more straightforward.
    Both correct though.

Advertisement