Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM MP-40 issues, along with odd story.

Options
  • 06-04-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello everyone. I apologize if a very similar question has already been answered; but i could find now technical posts about this gun. My airsoft gun is an AGM mp-40, if you could not tell by the title. Ive had it for a few months now and I think that it is awesome. however, today I am having some problems with it. and by problems I mean that it is not working at all :( . When I stuck the battery in the gun and fired, I got a noise sounding like it was trying to fire, but wasn't. I've gotten that noise before; a battery recharge is usually all it takes to fix (I believe it is the gearbox trying to wind up but not getting enough energy from the battery to do so). So I charge the battery for 2 hours, and then stick it back in. Now the gun is not firing at all, n'or is it making any sound. On top of that, the fire selector switch is stuck of Semi-Auto. I cannot turn it to full automatic, since it feels like something will snap if i force it. I had pretty much the same problem with a CYMA C028 (fixed stock). one day it just seized up and completely stopped working. That gun was my first real, not-a-crappy-springer gun, So I was pretty bummed out. I assumed the problem had something to do with my battery, since one time I left it charging for about 5 days straight (a miracle no one got hurt). Then, just one random day, I decided to reconnect everything and just try it out, since I had nothing better to do. Out of the middle of nowhere everything was working perfectly again. I have no idea how this could have happened; the gun stops working for months and then suddenly is working good as new. I'm just guessing here, but I'd imagine that either the battery cooled itself down or maybe a stuck gear managed to unseize itself over the time period. Unfortunately, the CM028 has stopped working again today right after the MP40 stopped working. I'd assume that it's the same problem, but I really don't know. what does it sound like to you guys, and what can I do about it? thank you all very much for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Check the fuse for a start. I had a problem recently with my Steyr AUG where it would stop working, and then randomly and briefly work again before resuming a "not working" state.

What had happened was the fuse had broken right at one end so it looked intact and would occasionally make contact with the base thus start working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BlueCrabofPAIN

Lemming wrote: »
    Check the fuse for a start. I had a problem recently with my Steyr AUG where it would stop working, and then randomly and briefly work again before resuming a "not working" state.

What had happened was the fuse had broken right at one end so it looked intact and would occasionally make contact with the base thus start working again.

Thank you for your speedy reply. I should have thought that it may have been a fuse. with the MP-40 though, where would I find that fuse? is it where the battery wires connect with the internals of the gun? (when the gun is disassembled for the battery, as seen in this picture by airsoftgunrepair.com Mp40_airsoft_motor_connector.jpg

Or, just as likely, am I totally off?

Sorry, i'm what you'd call a noob when it comes to technical stuff :D

Oh, worth mentioning: my MP40 has been missing its hop-up lever from day one. as soon as I opened up the box and pulled the bolt back, I noticed that there was no way to adjust the hop up. I never thought much of it, since the gun was perfectly accurate anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ever get this issue sorted? I had the same problem with mine not long after getting it, but 'tis grand now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BlueCrabofPAIN

Yeah, I just got it repaired by an airsoft smith. Turns out it was simply a blown fuse. Yes, my mechanical skills are so bad that I didn't identify the problem and I probably couldn't fix it anyways lol. The hopup, however, is still AWOL.

The AK-47 on the other hand was a different story. I forgot exactly what it was, but some critical part of the internals, which was constructed out of cheap chinese plastics, started to melt and eat itself. That had to be replaced by a new, metal one. As soon as I find out what that piece was I'll tell you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ah, cool so! :)

Just that I had a similar issue with my MP40, like yours, grand one minute, then nothing, fuse was grand, turned out the fire selector had slipped outta place and was in the nether regions between the two settings, thus it wouldnt work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement