Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What course wins??

Options
  • 06-04-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Im divided between commerce and law, I heard business and law is a good shout but that it was full of pretentious people. Is this true??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

no its not true at all

business and law is a good degree, i dunno what the story is with horizons etc as im in final year and on the old system but the people are definitely not pretentious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

If you can't make up your mind, it sounds like business and law would be perfect for you.

Yes, there are some pretentious people in B&L, as there are in Law, Commerce, Arts, Medicine, Engineering etc etc. Basically don't worry about it, you'll find as many sound people in B&L as in any other course.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I was basically in the same boat last year, and went with Business and Law, and I can honestly say I love it. We don't do some of the Procedure or Writing classes that Law do, and we don't do all the business management classes commerce do (no great loss there), this year, but I'm really enjoying it. The workload isn't enormous, it's really as much as you set out to do. We don't have horizons though, which may be a draw or a drawback, depending on you personally really. I personally like it that we are split into three groups and within those groups we have the same time table. It makes easier to make friends in the beginning. Plus in B&L we have classes with both law and commerce students at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The people in BBLS are no more pretentious than in BComm or BCL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I agree with Abelard, you can meet some of the most pretentious people in B&L, same can be said of any course in pretty much any university.

Then again some of the nicest people can be found in the course too.

I wouldn't like a thing like that put you off a course. I mean don't forget that there's a huge society and club scene in UCD and some of my best friends from college I don't know through my course. I know them through the different things I've become involved in over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Here if you want pretentious head to the arts block. Its a way of compensating for a poor life choice :p *

But seriously dont let the "type" of people associated with a course put you off. Its all about what qualification best suits your life plan.

G

im an arts student so its okay to slag it off, anyone else wants to have a go Ill kill you all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

(speaking as a student of none of the above...)

I've heard B & L is a better degree then commerce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

gubbie wrote: »
    (speaking as a student of none of the above...)

I've heard B & L is a better degree then commerce
    And rather than doing that discussion again, maybe a mod could find the other umpteen times thats been debated here, merge and sticky

Advertisement