Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory Test

Options
  • 06-04-2008 2:21am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, going for my theory test again next week (Failed the first time by 4 questions) and have been revising the book over and over, like last time it just doesnt seem to stick. I actually know alot of the stuff because my dad will always test me when hes driving. But when it comes to wording it in the book I seem to get confused and I find it hard enough to stick.

Would the disc be a better option for learning than the book?
    (it doesnt help that Im no where near a book guy either lol)

Comments

It sounds like it. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I did the test in January and found the disc to be much easier to learn with than the book. You can practice doing the questions on the computer rather than just reading the question and answer together in the book. You can also do a test on the CD so you'll have a good idea of how you are doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ok, thanks guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

http://www.ism.ie/learning_drive/theory/mock_test_intro.asp

try that, an online version. generally with online tests, the questions will be the same/similar everytime you do it, but by trying it here it might help decide that the cd-rom is better. i learnt with the book and found it tough not to look at the asterisk next to the correct answer, id say the disk is easier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Do you have to answer every question correctly to pass? May sound stupid, but im planning on taking the test, and without looking at any revision material I got 35/40 on that online mock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

You have to get 35 right out of 40 to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

MollyZ wrote: »
    You have to get 35 right out of 40 to pass.

Class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

get the pc-rom ,its WAY better than the book. because everythings comes up EXACTLY like the pc-rom. even the poistion of the answers!!

Advertisement