Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Singles 20s - 30s

Options
  • 06-04-2008 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi All!

I'm a single mid-20s girl living in Galway City. Every-1 I know is attached / engaged / married / already got the kidz r indeed currently pregnant! Under these circumstances; - Enter the new way of living "Staying in is the new going out!" and let us all be big fat gooseberries into the the bargain !! So here am I ..... an alone Singleton all on my own in this big bad ugly world .....

So how can I be a Single to mingle, when I don't even have any-one to go mingle with ..... :(

If there's any other Single girls in Galway out there that would be up for a good Night Out, and possible a big Man-hunt Lemmekno !!

Or on the other side of the coin if there is any decent Males in Galway City l8-20s r 30-32 Pleas Do Lemmekno !! ;)

Another thing is if any-1 would like to form a group to go away on Holiday possibly in the age-group of 20s-30s that still find themselves living the lives of Batchelor(ettes,) of mixed sexes for a Foreign Sun Holiday Abroad late this Summer, please do let me know as soon as possible! I'd lov!!e for some-thing like this to happen !!

Awaiting your responses,
    mrsomebody. (Well there's always Hope !!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So what you're saying is......'a/s/l'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it Mr Somebody or Mrs Omebody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I think Gailgegrind's harpe-like friends have already taken all of the single men... I'm the only one left, so you'll have to take a number and wait in line love:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Is it Mr Somebody or Mrs Omebody?
    Funnily enough, that's exactly the question I thought of when I saw the OP's username. Hopefully it's a Mrs as a Mr referring to themselves as a girl is a bit odd :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Meh im Single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

mrsomebody wrote: »
    Or on the other side of the coin if there is any decent Males in Galway City l8-20s r 30-32 Pleas Do Lemmekno !! ;)

Damn.. i'm too old :mad::mad::mad::eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dyslexia/txtspk makes baby Jesus cry

if there is any decent Males in Galway City l8-20s r 30-32 Pleas Do Lemmekno !! ;)
    So is that between 18-20 or 30-32 (in other words people between 21 and 29 inclusive need not apply) or simply between 18-32?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

malice_ wrote: »
    So is that between 18-20 or 30-32 (in other words people between 21 and 29 inclusive need not apply) or simply between 18-32?

I think the l8 means late 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Single girls in their 20s in Galway are a fiction!

This city is already hooked up I'm afraid.

Yet again last night, spent about an hour talking to a nice girl, who then told me she had a boyfriend :(

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I'm just after coming out of a 3 year relationship last weekend. I went out with the girls last night, and thought that the men of Galway would at least make a tiny effort to chat me up, not that I'm ready for anything yet, but it would be nice. However, all I got were men banging my shoulder and stretching out their arms etc. What does that mean? Are there any people who are regularly drunken fools that can enlighten me?

(PS I'm a little heartbroken, so be nice ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Well...I'm single a month & am only raring to go now!!! I agree it's tough to go out on ones own so I think we could arrange meet ups here. Meet lovely guys any night I go out but by Monday they disappear. It's tough but perserverance does pay off!

Well...I'm single a month & am only raring to go now!!! I agree it's tough to go out on ones own so I think we could arrange meet ups here. Meet lovely guys any night I go out but by Monday they disappear. It's tough but perserverance does pay off!

I'm sorry to hear that GG... I had thought you were getting married?

Frankieboy wrote: »
    I think the l8 means late 20's.
    Oh I see. God I hate txt spk!
    I'm just after coming out of a 3 year relationship last weekend. I went out with the girls last night, and thought that the men of Galway would at least make a tiny effort to chat me up, not that I'm ready for anything yet, but it would be nice. However, all I got were men banging my shoulder and stretching out their arms etc. What does that mean? Are there any people who are regularly drunken fools that can enlighten me?
    Drunken people generally behave like idiots. I wouldn't try to read anything into it.
    Single girls in their 20s in Galway are a fiction!

Yet again last night, spent about an hour talking to a nice girl, who then told me she had a boyfriend :(
    I would say there are plenty of single girls in their 20's about but you have to weed out the munters and the bunny-boilers :). Also, if you spent an hour talking to a girl, how did she avoid mentioning her boyfriend? Usually they'll mention that pretty quickly so that you know the score.

I realised I was being taken for a mug. Well and truly over, I'm back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Didn't you just have a baby? And he's gone already?? Sounds like you're better off without him...

malice_ wrote: »
    Also, if you spent an hour talking to a girl, how did she avoid mentioning her boyfriend? Usually they'll mention that pretty quickly so that you know the score.

You'd have to ask her, but I'd imagine she was enjoying the conversation (I can be reasonably entertaining when I'm in the mood ;)) and knew that it would be over if she mentioned it.

Pity for me she waited until the club was over though.

Well bad news for him, good news for the rest of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Pity for you that you didn't ask her relationship status, near the beginning of the conversation.

I think if a guy asks it's weird...it's kind of a given that you're single if you're talking flirty to a guy for an hour. Maybe she just wasn't interested & that was the best excuse she could come up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

MattKid wrote: »
    Pity for you that you didn't ask her relationship status, near the beginning of the conversation.
    Needs to be added to the checklist document to be completed when entering negotiations with a member of the female gender for the purpose of scoping requirements for a non-platonic relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

If you'd been talking for a while, and then she mentioned 'boyfriend', then I'd review what you were discussing recently, to see if you revealed any personal info she wasn't too keen on (ie, "I'm not a doctor.")

If she waited until club was over to mention 'boyfriend', it sounds like she was just using you for company until it was over (and it came time to make the next move). Either that, or you look much worse in good light ;)

I think an hours talking would pretty much tell you all you need to know. I know the kinds of questions that are important to most women but what REALLY matters to men?! I mean iif they're talking to you I take it they like the look of you...what else matters to ye?

Well I met her on the way out and she was with her boyfriend.

Hmm perhaps it wasn't an hour, maybe more like half an hour. She bought me a drink though, and she was good crack, so it wasn't all a loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Damn, if she was buying, you must have been charming. Maybe she didn't mention him cause she was having some second thoughts about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mrsomebody

Cheers for the comedy folks !! Ye kept me laughin 4 2 hours with all ur replies !! It's great to be light-hearted and to hav something to laugh at/about !! Okay okay maybe I could have selected a better user-name I agree, but I did xplain my reasons for my name, ie: that I am currently looking for somebody, and want that some-body to be Mr. rather than Miss/Ms./Mrs!! (Please don't waste your own time joking about trans-genderisms here!) Maybe all those Brain-box Einsteins who felt it necessary to comment on my name should have indicated their own questionable genders on their own questionable profiles & names first eh ???!!! :rolleyes:

I would also like to congratulate the couple of Clever-clogs on stating the obvious !! ie: me being a girl posing as a Mr !!! :D

And of course the Scholars confusing their ls and their 1s l8 (late) with the age/number 18 !! Back to the School Class-room 4 u !! :p

Not forgetting the Beauts knocking txt-speak !! At least pretend ye're cool even if ye're not !! :)

Ah ye know I'm only messin & teasin & slaggin ye !! Jus 4 da craic !!! Shur f you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at ??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mrsomebody

Okay Folks can we revert bak 2da task-in-hand here !! I do luv hearing every-ones humourous dating stories and encounters, but let's not forget the point here and the reasons for doing this !! I think every-one knows GGs life-story by now !! Is there actually a baby and a marriage involved GG??!!

It's back to me now though! :( I'm what it's all about! :) I'm looking 4 a hand-some tall guy in Galway City Centre or Suburbs aged 27 - 32. I'm very into guys with a good sense of humour and comical and humourous who use dry humour and sarcasm and are witty! ;) :cool:

There was a coupl of witty guys in Galway aged 28/29 dat replied to my main msg who I was impressed with! So guys, if ye are single why not p.m. me with your mobile number and let's get the ball rolling! Make something happen here! ;) Any other Single guys that may be interested that are in Galway but haven't indicated their age or Location, if you are aged 27-32, p.m. me your details and your mobile number and we'll see what happens! ;)

Any Girls in their 20s or 30-32 who are up 4 a Good Night Out in Galway and a decent Man-hunt, p.m. me your mobile number and we will arrange it !!

Any girls or guys in their 20s or 30s, Single preferably, who are up for going on a Foreign Sun Group Holiday this Summer, please Let Me Know a.s.a.p. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Damn I'm 34. Ah well never mind I'm not your type anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bloody young ones with their restrictive age limits!! ;)
    Have you beat by a year Matt, but still too old for her. :rolleyes: Tsk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Okay Folks can we revert bak 2da task-in-hand here !! I do luv hearing every-ones humourous dating stories and encounters, but let's not forget the point here and the reasons for doing this !! I think every-one knows GGs life-story by now !! Is there actually a baby and a marriage involved GG??!!

It's back to me now though! :( I'm what it's all about! :) I'm looking 4 a hand-some tall guy in Galway City Centre or Suburbs aged 27 - 32. I'm very into guys with a good sense of humour and comical and humourous who use dry humour and sarcasm and are witty! ;) :cool:

There was a coupl of witty guys in Galway aged 28/29 dat replied to my main msg who I was impressed with! So guys, if ye are single why not p.m. me with your mobile number and let's get the ball rolling! Make something happen here! ;) Any other Single guys that may be interested that are in Galway but haven't indicated their age or Location, if you are aged 27-32, p.m. me your details and your mobile number and we'll see what happens! ;)

Any Girls in their 20s or 30-32 who are up 4 a Good Night Out in Galway and a decent Man-hunt, p.m. me your mobile number and we will arrange it !!

Any girls or guys in their 20s or 30s, Single preferably, who are up for going on a Foreign Sun Group Holiday this Summer, please Let Me Know a.s.a.p. !!

Loads of single guys and girls in Galway (but unfortuantely for the ladies,not me:). Hardly an endangered species!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are we a dating agency now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement